|
| One of those days |
| Tuesday, May 08, 2012 |
Typing this as I am cycling away at the gym. I wanted to reach out let everyone know how absolutely tired I am, and in turn bored.
Life is going on as usual, busy, but not as busy as it would be a month from now. Parents are leaving :--( And that means DH and I are in for a shock, a jatka, a sampling of which we got earlier in February. And I am not looking forward to it.
Today I had a long day. I haven't slept properly the last two days. Sunday night I was hyper thinking and planning BSK's birthday, which is around the corner. Last night BSK woke up at 4:30 and I started thinking about work. So my eyes are kinda hurting. And I had a super Kwando work out at the gym leaving my limbs worn out. It was a day spent thinking, reading, assimilating while meeting with people. And I have a deadline tomorrow for which I might have to spend some time in the night working. And I dragged myself to the gym just now because I can see my tummy protruding more than it should. Psst and I had some Oreos that I shouldn't really have had. Phew!
I probably sound like a crib fest. I wanted to put a status message on FB before sanity woke me up and here I am typing out on beloved companion Blogger. How I have missed blogging! more importantly cribbing! No one cares here. Which works well for me.
I am going crazy thinking of planning the birthday party. Note that I did not say planning, but rather thinking of planning. No time. Or should I say no interest? Because if I have interest I will make time and it would consume me. Right now all my interest is in work. Something i am doing which I like and I get frustrated when I have to leave work in the evening. The hard stop due to traffic kills me. Context switch bothers me. Interruptions irk me.
I did get some stuff done for the party over the weekend. Invites are out, most decorations ordered. Cake, entertainment, favors, portraits and some other ideas I want to do are remaining. The problem is if I don't do all I want to do I fall in my own eyes. Today. Tomorrow might be different.
So anyway BSK is a total rowdy now. She can get angry and hit you or throw her stuff at you. God help us. But she also wants to cuddle at night and shows her total love by making your face and hair wet. I realized in the wee hours of the morning that she might not want to cuddle and sleep with us 10 years from now so I should not complain about losing sleep.
I should just come here and blog on it.
Oh look at that times up on the cycle.
And I didn't get to write about our Big Sur Relay! suffice to say it was super awesome. And as they say if there is only one marathon I could do in this lifetime it would be this Big Sur. What scenery, what serenity, what magnificence! And on top of it RUN alongside it!
Another bright note, moved to the coveted 'window cube'! Truly bright note i guess , the natural light is awesome. Now I can enjoy the view of mountains and congested 101 when I am bored of work.
Adios! |
posted by SK @ 8:03 PM  |
|
| 5 Comments: |
-
Suck it up girl! You never had to cook one day,do laundry, go to work, clean the house and take care of the little girl all by yourself. You had the time to hit the gym, read a book and the time to do all things of your like.
This is real life for most people, single mom's in US and other places do this everyday without complaining.
You had either your inlwas or your parents coming in for a over a year now and staying with you not only this the would cook some diet food for you..I guess its time to face real life and challenges and take care of your family and baby yourself and not wait for others to this on your behalf.
There is something called 'Sacrifice' when you have kids do it and you will stop being so down after all .
-
Wow congratulations on the Big Sur relay! Got to get back to running. Wish BSK a wonderful birthday from me - blog aunty :)
-
omg! BSK is 1!!!!!!! :D happy birthday BSK! I will wait for that elaborate post on planning and execution and people-less snaps from the party..! You better write it in detail SK!
Congs on window office! (i didnt know it was a fantasy elsewhere too, my current team - 13 yrs or more is the bar LOL)
-
bsk is turning 1?????????
Happiest bday.
And cong. on window office!
-
Anon, Thank you reminding what a blessed life I have and how lucky I am to have my family and DH. :--) But, I think I will be even more depressed if I had to sacrifice what I enjoy doing in the name of motherhood. Happy mommy = happy baby!
Saumya, Thanks! Blog aunty when will you become real aunty ;--)
Porkodi, will try :--) Hahah here too its tough to get. and very coveted, all cube farmer would know. :--)
Sachita, Yes time floes doesnt it!
|
| |
| << Home |
| |
|
|
|
|
Suck it up girl! You never had to cook one day,do laundry, go to work, clean the house and take care of the little girl all by yourself.
You had the time to hit the gym, read a book and the time to do all things of your like.
This is real life for most people, single mom's in US and other places do this everyday without complaining.
You had either your inlwas or your parents coming in for a over a year now and staying with you not only this the would cook some diet food for you..I guess its time to face real life and challenges and take care of your family and baby yourself and not wait for others to this on your behalf.
There is something called 'Sacrifice' when you have kids do it and you will stop being so down after all .