| Since it is that time of the year and I just got done writing my performance review at work, sucked big time to do it the day after Christmas, and I have some time on hands it being a super slow week and me working, wanted to do a review of the year that was and still is 2013.
The good -
2013 brought me more confidence, which is a big deal. More risk taking attitude.
Lot of travel this year although to closer attractions - Mexico cruise, India trip, lot of camping in Summer - Tahoe, Sugar Loaf Ridge, Clear Lake, Big Basin, National Parks - Yosemite, Sequioa and Kings Canyon. Vegas! , ziplining!, safari tour, up close with giraffes!, Christmas season with snow in Tahoe.
New job
New ventures
Classes in Stanford, Coursera, exploring new areas, full of possibilities
BSK's swimming classes, dance classes, gym classes
BSK learning to talk like anything, spell, read, do puzzles, sing songs, humm
BSK's potty training, sleep training
The not so good -
Lower energy levels, inspite of monitoring eating habits
Stress has increased many fold.
Health-wise things have slightly deteriorated. Eye issues, and tibial tendon injury still bugging, dont feel too happy about my fitness levels. Pressure levels slightly high, triglyceridies slightly high,I blame it on MIL's food :--P
Nothing noteworthy to mention about fitness except climbing Mission Peak twice, and getting a teeny bit stronger with Body Pump
Self doubts about being a good mother, will always be there with me I think
When I think back I feel overall it has been a good year to me. Health is the only thing that has not been good.
So what do I want from 2014?
- Reduce stress , very high in my priority, because I find it affecting the quality of my life
- Improve fitness levels and overall health
- Some fruition in new ventures
- More challenging job opportunity coming my way with a lot of risks attached (as in might cost the job) but I am inclined to take it because I am in the mood for risks
- BSK's preschool transition, discipline, night time potty traning, making her a more independant sleeper
- Hope to do some volunteering activities
All of them hinged heavily on my health, energy levels and time/stress management.
|
Great snapshot.
I read many of your daily thank you notes. I observed that you take your work way more seriously than I do. When I come back home, and sit down to write, I rarely would pen down what happened during the day. I really enjoy what I do, but I leave the thoughts at the campus. With such young children in our lives, it's not cliche to say that we should make the most of every minute of our time with them.
I have two toddlers, and thankfully, I don't "feel" that stressed. So you can definitely "let go" of many many things to bring you to a peaceful state of mind each night, before going to bed.
Also, about exercise and workouts - I've reformed my expectations. I don't get to the gym often, but I do exercise. I've steadily been losing weight...I'm only 7 lbs from my pre-pregnancy weight in 2009 before I conceived my daughter. I do quick 30-45 workouts at home (youtube videos are great), I do skips, I run around the neighborhood, I catch a class or two at the work gym during lunch....basically, I adapt. If I really focussed on getting to the gym everyday, I would be stressed about it.
Health stuff - yes, I would worry about it, but as long as you are on top of it and under medical supervision, you are "okay".
GREAT job on the travel and camping - I need tips from u to make the upcoming summer a camping success for me :).
And good mother - we are all "great" mothers - no need to beat ourselves up all the time.
Hoping to see a stress-free SK in 2014! and you better find time to connect with me sometime while you're here - work or weekend!