|
| My very own Joker - Writing Prompt |
| Monday, January 19, 2009 |
I was in no mood to write a post today when this came along from Alto's blog. Ah, only 10mins to write a post, here it is, in worse language than usual.
--
Before you read the prompt, make sure you will have 10 minutes of uninterrupted time to write and please do time yourself. Once you've written it, please leave a link here so we can come over and read it. Here goes:
Write about who your nearest and surest clown/joke/humour fix is? Who is that one person you can always count on making you laugh, even if you werent looking for one? Is it someone in your immediate family, a close friend, or perhaps its you? You could be your own clown! Alright, go on now-tell us about him/her and maybe leave a number as well so we could dial-a-laugh perhaps, if we need one?
Starting time: 8:41PM
Of course, no prizes for guessing, who else but my dear DH? He is just opposite of me, with loads of humour. Be it self deprecating or just making fun of people on our paths, its just fun all the way when I am with him. Right from when we were best friends long long ago, back in college, when I used to be a giggly young girl, laughing at the slightest of jokes, the silliest ones, he made me double up with laughter, always. He told me stories, made up ones, right out of his creative hat, one of the sanest stories was about an elephant that made yummy dosas. You can imagine how his other stories were. The guy that kept silly bets, winning them in convoluted unconventional ways.He kept a bet for V day, one year. The bet was the when he calls, I have to say "Hello DH" You see we didnt have caller ID those days, nor did I have a cell phone. There was no way of knowing who would be on the other side when the landline at home rang. But guess what, I am no loser either, I kind of knew the time he would call, and boldly said, "Hello DH", when he called and I thought I had won the bet,but only for a few minutes. I got another call while talking to him, and I told him to hold on and went to see who that was, and I did say just "Hello", and Lo Behold, it was DH calling from another phone!! Now who would have expected that! I lost the bet, but it surely was worth losing for the many bouts of laughter I had that day. So does he still make me laugh? Oh yes! We still make fun of people, have our very own jokes to laugh hysterically, while the folks around us would wonder what was wrong with us. We do still act like crazy teenagers when we are together especially when on vacation. What would I do without him? I would get so wound up, and uptight, I would break. He is my weekend stress buster, my very own joker.
End time: 8:51PM
On dot. |
posted by SK @ 8:54 PM  |
|
| 13 Comments: |
-
u had call waiting in india ;)...
just a question..
K
-
-
-
:-) I didn't have any doubts who your joker would be.
Enjoy the 24x7 comedy.
-
looks like u and ur DH share great chemistry and sense of humor..keep it up!
-
Yesskayy, you are my future love guru! Along with the second person in the list of comments here :p
-
Ah yes. Generally husbands are the clowns/jokers...in every sense :p
-
K, :--) hahah I am not THAT old. :--D There was this system where in you get two beeps while you are on the line and that means you are getting a call. You can disconnect and press 1 or 2 to go to the other call. :--)
Nandini, Hahhaha! :--))
Ram, Enna man?! :--)
Alto, Ya, I knew that you knew :--D
Anamika, Hehe not really, he makes up for my total lack of sense of humor.
Gradwolf, Love gurukkum jokekkum wat connection.? Now you know the secret, be the perfect joker :--P
Lonestar, Looks like experience is talking :--D
-
-
With all the "funny" tags attached to it, this is one of the most romantic things I have read in the past few days. Sweet :)
-
-
Krithika,
:--))) Thankoo!
Chutney, :--))
-
hey.. you can definitely email me.. how do i give u my id ? dont want to give it here, as my email id has my name..do u mind sharing urs in my comment space? I wont publish ur comment and I can email u then ?
|
| |
| << Home |
| |
|
|
|
|
u had call waiting in india ;)...
just a question..
K