|
| Gambling and movie - The weekend that was |
| Monday, December 01, 2008 |
Disclaimer: Gambling is injurious to life style. Please do not try it unless you have it in you to quit when you have to :--P
A vacation with just DH after a long time. It was like nth honeymoon, I have lost count.
Driving on winding I80 in foggy rainy weather. A tad bit scary. I kept looking for snow. We didnt have tire chains, and driving with those on will be my worst nightmare come true. It was destination Reno, third time's a charm. Playing Craps with some good money in hand, I rolled the dice! And people appreciated my rolls! Ever since we saw Monica and Chandler playing Craps in Friends, it was one of my desires to roll the dice on the Craps table. And this time I did, many times! Discovering Chocolate milk shake can be a good order instead of usual juices from the Cocktail Waitresses. We must have drank atleast ten of those, with whipped cream on top. No wonder my clothes are a little tight. Sharing meals with DH, Pad Thai Noodles, Pasta, Kung Pao Chicken. I forgot how luxurious eating at Casino restaurants can be. Trying my hand at Keno desperately while dining knowing very well, I had a thin chance to win anything. Actually winning money in Slot Machines! Previously me and DH used to jump up and down when we won like 2$ in Slots. This time we actually won like $10 and such amounts multiple times! On 1 c machines! It is true that there is one machine among many, that is 'loose' and gives more returns than the rest. I found one such machine the last time we were in Reno and this time I raided it. In case you find it hard to believe, I have proof. :--P. 
The hotel and the room we stayed in was super, with serial lights inside the room! We were on the top most floor, so the view was awesome, of the Sierra mountains, snowcapped. And there was a Jacuzzi inside the room! We took off in the afternoon for a break from the Casino floor and had some fun time in the Jacuzzi, watching House on TV. It was our very first time in the Jacuzzi ever, so had fun playing around with it and in it. Evening was good, with some winnings in Blackjack and Craps and Slots. Realization, nights are better to play to win, than day times. We won at nights and lost during the day. Drive back was beautiful, mountains never fail to overwhelm me with their beauty. This time it was cloudy, foggy weather, pristinely beautiful all the same. The view was like that of a resort, a natural one at that.
Saturday saw us once again on the road driving to San Jose to watch Vaaranam Aayiram. I had to bribe DH to agree to go to Bay Area to watch the movie. We stopped by at Komala Vilas for lunch. The waiter asked, "First time-a?" We said "Yes" and didnt lift our heads until the first round of amazing vendakkai sambhar saadham was over. DH joked that after watching us eat like people who havent eaten in days, his 'first time-a' might have meant, 'first time saapadu saapadreengala' :--) Food till our necks, I badly wanted to have Karumbu Juice that they were selling at nearby Cash and Carry. But absolutely no space. Since we had some more time til the movie started, we lowered our seats in the car to lie down and take a short nap. God only knows what the hundreds of Bay Area Indians who were shopping at Cash and Carry would have thought when they saw us sleeping in the car.
The movie - I liked. I wouldnt say horrible, and I wasnt irritated with anything. Surya, surya, I have no words to describe, how well he has acted. It was definitely a one man show. Simran has aged, I didnt like her acting so much. I loved the scenes shot in Berkeley. I loved the clothes of both Sameera and Surya. Those striped clothes, I was feeling a little unsettled at having bought so many striped tees at Gap/Old Navy super sale a couple of weeks back, but after watching the movie I dont feel so bad. ;--D Gautham has really taken pains to get the nitty gritty details right. All the songs were very well picturized. I was a tad bit disappointed, that Mundhinam song was in the 70s. Tch tch. What a waste of a good song. The movie did have a Mani Rathnam quality to it, one big flaw, not a great story line. But when compared to the umpteen other horrible, not-worth-watching-even-once movies that Tamil Cinema Industry churns out, which unfortunately I watch, this comes way ahead among those.
Sunday was spent cooking, shopping at Mervyns going-out-of-business, watching some TV, playing some Wii, mourning at the super weekend ending, although to tell you the truth I was looking forward to getting back to work, after the refreshing break.
PS: I am just back from the gym, its misty and foggy, its super! Its the Pacific Storm showing its might. |
posted by SK @ 7:28 PM  |
|
| 8 Comments: |
-
What the hell! Married life isn't supposed to be so much fun. This husband is pampering you too much. Something is wrong with him. Dump him and get a normal one:).
-
soodhaatam ah? nadathu nadathu!!
charmed life :p .....I knew you'll enjoy the movie.
lol @ sleeping in the car...
-
-
ahem-playing n the jacuzzi .. ahem ahem ;)
I loved their choice of costumes too- very ordinary and charming illa? stuff that I actually own and would wear :)
@ Sleeping in the car- been there done that.. going out to dinner and having some time to kill before the movie starts.. we have slept in the car in front of the theaters many times :) so the next time you are taking a nap in the car in front of a movie hall and you see another couple doing the same ,just say hi :)
-
Rammmm, Lol!! :--) Its bcos he is first my friend, then my husband!
Gradwolf, Soodhattam under control ;--) I am not focussing on the things that are not going well in my life. Positive energy ;--P
Chutney, LOL! :--) Will tell him! :--))
Daisy, enna ahem-ahem. ;--D Yes exactly, reg the costumes, now I just have to get fit :--D Hayyo you too-va, super, next time we will meet at theater parking lot lol :--)
-
@SK - nice account of your long weekend.Think I came here from Laksh. Thought of saying a Hi! I am in east Coast and have once had the Komala Vilas food years back when we visited Bay Area.Could totally relate to all you say!
-
Ah.. Komala Vilas.. Its been a while.. Will make it there this weekend.. first half of VA was super.. second half was a bit of a drag.. Surya did an excellent job though. We enjoyed it.
-
Anamika, :--) Welcome here. Ya, Komala Vilas food is amazing na?!
Lonestar, Aha, lucky all you Bay Area folks, you can go whenever you please! :--))
|
| |
| << Home |
| |
|
|
|
|
What the hell! Married life isn't supposed to be so much fun. This husband is pampering you too much. Something is wrong with him. Dump him and get a normal one:).