Ramblings Only

Just ramblings, only a vent for emotions, feelings and all the good stuff

 
Elevator woes and some others
Monday, December 15, 2008
Its Monday, its time for a post.

The past week has been unusually cold for CA. Its freezing, not fun to be out, even to go to the car and walk from the car, leave alone do anything else. On Mondays generally the whole building is cold. Something about the heater taking longer than usual after the weekend hiatus to heat up to normal temperatures. I was wearing trousers and I was brrrr cold. Elevators are the coldest in the building, even the short ride up to the fourth floor seems like eternity when it is so cold. I was as usual ranting about it and my friend says "Thats why you should wear jeans and not flimsy trousers!" She had a point. But I wanted to stick to formals a few days a week. Come Tuesday I was in trousers again and it was still cold and I was still complaining. So this friend says," Haan for you style is more important than not feeling cold" I am like," !!!!! What?? !!!!" Me and style? This from a girl who wears matching earrings to work, to someone who only knows how to spell 'style' and nothing much about it and was just trying to be presentable at work.

Thursday I met a friend at the elevator and was talking to her about general stuff, when she says," Hey I like your 'curls', it looks good on you". I blush and say, " Oh Thank you, I didnt even do anything to my hair, its just the way it is, it just curls all the time" And she says," Oh apdiya I thought nalla style panni irukkannu" Again I go," !!!!!!!".

For the record, me and 'style' dont go in the same sentence, ever. I do accept I am making an effort to look presentable. I do straighten my hair sometimes, when we go out over weekends, but I have stopped that now because my hair is falling like crazy, I want what little of it that is left to continue to be there. I dont have rows and rows of shoes/slippers/sandals, nor do I have rows and rows of clothes. And I dont have hundreds of sets of earrings and matching bindis. These are all according to me 'style' :--)

Anyway, today I was to meet with my mentor in the Cafe at a different building. I was getting my afternoon tea, and I was lost in thoughts thinking about something related to work. I picked up Splendor packets, tore the top, put it in trash, and went ahead to pour the contents into the trash!!! The packets were almost empty by the time I realized what I was doing and stopped. The person near by started laughing at me, and I couldnt help but see how funny it was and start laughing as well! :--)
I have done some weird things when my mind is occupied. My body goes on auto-pilot mode without thinking and ends up doing strange stuff. I was sitting in the Cafe waiting, while the guy walked past me again, and started laughing. I gave an awkward shy smile back at him, and he said, "Dont feel embarrassed, we all do weird stuff sometimes!" So what have you done lately, that can qualify as emabarassing?

That said, I almost lost my iphone on Friday. You know, talking on the phone without blue tooth or headset while driving is prohibited in the State of California. But I am special. I check emails, reader, while driving home. Its a three minute drive with exactly four signals in between, so I can manage. Absent minded me, checked emails, kept the phone on the car seat and forgot all about it until evening when it was time to go home, and yet again check emails on iphone. I searched frantically all over the desk and called DH to ask if it was at home. My hands went cold. How can I be soo careless? And absent minded? I was taunting myself and owed to never ever be so careless about things, and drove back home. Will DH buy me another iPhone? I did enjoy the short phase with the iPhone. How will I ever check emails while in the gym or while on the road? I was devastated. I had already looked on the car floor earlier, and it was by chance that I looked in the side of the car seat, between the door and the seat, my delicate darling black iPhone had blended into the black carpet and black leather seat, balanced. I sighed a huge sigh of relief, thanked God, for getting the iPhone back, and for the lesson, to never be careless.


PS: Today is Monday. Very cold. Jeans it was.
posted by SK @ 5:53 PM  
8 Comments:
  • At 9:48 AM, Blogger Gradwolf said…

    SK going style style dhan super style dhan!! :p

    And all of us do those weird things. The subconscious mind can surprise you at times...

     
  • At 12:54 PM, Blogger anamika said…

    can relate to your take on your style! I am like that too..trying to be presentable sometimes, but dont think of myself as stylish!

     
  • At 9:40 PM, Blogger Ram Srinivasan said…

    Isn't SK the girl who wears clothes straight out of laundry, of course, after stretching it with hands:)

    I did it today and I was reminded of you:D

     
  • At 10:46 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Maybe you ARE stylish, in your own way. Simplicity is a style too. ;)
    And I was preoccupied with exam stress last month and what did I do? Ate *butter*. Yes, ate it, with a spoon... almost half a melted slab before I realised what I was doing. I thought it was yoghurt. Oh well, it was white butter. So, I can be excused. :p

     
  • At 12:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You're right. Its terribly cold..

    Welcome to the club
    You atleast poured the sugar in the trash.. I tore the top part and dropped the paper in the coffee and the sugar packet in the trash!! And I've done this several times. Luckily no one has caught me yet :)

     
  • At 4:48 PM, Blogger SK said…

    Adi,
    hehe true! I have done some other weird things too!

    Anamika,
    I am glad I have company! :--) I was actually worried the women might come after me. :--)

    Ram,
    Hahhaha, I am turning into a new leaf man, no more wearing straight from laundary, DH puts them in my hangers ;--))

    Drenched!,
    Wah wah, whattan idea :--) LOL! Tell me you have put on a bunch of lbs. :--P

    Lonestar,
    Ah, I have done that too! And yes, this is the time that someone noticed me too! :--)) Btw, why not blogging?

     
  • At 5:50 PM, Blogger krithika said…

    Hilarious lady ! You actually had me smiling while I was reading the post. And oh, how I know what you mean about the "ishtyle" thingy !

     
  • At 11:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Krithika,
    Hehehe :--))
    You are yet to answer my question btw.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me
Name: SK
See my complete profile
My Clicks
    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from ramblingsonly. Make your own badge here.
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2006 Ramblings Only .Template by Isnaini Dot Com