| - happy Friday! Friday before long weekend has got to be a happy day! First long weekend of the summer and we are home. Bugs me. Oh well.
- 'edho maayam seigirai' song from Wagah is romantic tune, transports me to Chennai, college days.
- lot of folks are travelling for a conference in Asia. Plus long weekend. It is quiet at work. I had to release a comms this week but it is still pending review from people who left work early! All hell will break lose come Tuesday. I want to do something fun. Go for a hike may be. I am the most unfit I can ever be. No time to think about it. Sweet give me a sugar rush headache. Pizzas give me a high pressure headache. I need to fix my ankle so I can work out.
- I was coming out of dotters school when the mom of a boy in her class walked with me. Apparently her husband messaged her this morning when he dropped the boy at school that JSK doesn't just write but does calligraphy! Lol! She said boys are tough to sit at one place to write a page. And here is JSK who loves making cards after cards for her friends, writing I Love you so many times. But JSK doesn't play with Lego, doesn't break things apart like boys would do. It is really wired in the head I guess. I have to get back to a proper routine once things settle down. All her stuff is in the garage and we just get by with bare essentials.
- as we parked in Saravana Bhavan JSK was engrossed in a book she got at school. She made me wait until she finished the book before we could get out and go. Pah! As nice as it feels that she finishes what she starts, not good to wait hungry for her to finish reading. JSK got used to watching a movie Friday evenings, but this week she had already watched on Thursday ( treat for not doing badly in ballet). She wanted to watch another movie again but I successfully distracted her. Yay for me! I got her to write spellings of some words. I am so pathetic that is all I know to do to keep her occupied. I am not so creative ;--( oh well.
She would write the word and read herself and know it didn't sound right and try again. The funniest one was her 'noshs'
Have a wonderful long weekend!
|