| - dotter was laughing at the church reading this book. Was so cute to watch her.
I need more book recos for her. She isn't beyond pictures books yet, loses interest if there are no pictures but most picture books she finishes reading quickly. This book seemed right with just enough pictures and words. She still had been putting off reading them for a long time until this day. Church is boring for her so she took it up and enjoyed it.
- Some friends from F town came down and we had a mini reunion of sorts at our place. I was meeting a friend after 10 years! She was my friend when I just started out my new job in CA, she formed the gang, and planned weekend outings. She moved to San Diego to be with her husband quickly but she was my connection to so many friends. Now she is in Bay Area. Caught up a lot with friends. Lot of fun.
- dotter had friends to play with, a 3.5 and 7 year old. They were screaming and coloring and playing hide and seek, and swinging in the backyard. What was best was, dotter was eating the last bowl of water melon when the little girl wanted them too. I wasn't sure if dotter would share but she came and gave her her bowl. I was bowled over. My little one sharing with another little one! In general she has become much better at handling conflicts with kids her age, younger and older. The other day when E visited and she wanted to take something home that dotter didn't like, she didn't get upset or throw a tantrum, instead said ' hmm let me think..' I don't know what happened later, I don't interfere in their dealings but I didn't fear any complaints. Phew!
- we got out in the evening with dotter on her scooter. She tripped at the concrete grass intersection and literally fell on her face on the grass. And she said 'she was okay' brushing herself. I was so proud of her. We went for a walk in a nearby trail. I forget what a beautiful place we live in. JSK was generally running about, kicking stones, picking random flowers, jumping on bushes, chasing cars and playing tag. I agree to what K says ' I wish I were born to myself' :--P but these kids won't realize, the same way I probably didn't realize what a blessed life I had compared to my parents.
- we realized we were walking close to a friend's place and decided to stop by unannounced. General chatting ensued while kiddos played in the backyard. They have a small play structure in the yard with swings and slides and monkey bars, dotter was a happy camper and showed us some of the tricks she learnt at school. We rarely take her to the usual play structure parks, she was shy and scared anyway, but somehow all the playtime at school with her friends has helped her explore and enjoy more. A lot of ' mommy did you see what I did' followed. We got back home and since it was a holiday we let JSK sleep with us on our bed. Let me just say I didn't have a good sleep ;--P
Overall a beautiful day.
|