|
| Where does your furniture point to? |
| Monday, May 21, 2007 |
This is the question I was asked when I told my friends I didnt own a TV. Looks like its an essential part of every household. I personally am not in favor of the idiot box. Because its very easy for me to get addicted to it. I'd rather stay away from it, if I want to go about doing my regular day to day activities.
That was the reason I never owned one for four years. Finally DH, I presume he got 'bored' of only watching me, when he visited me, and also because we had a few gift cards from Sears we had to use somehow, we bought a TV. Still I was persistent on not getting Cable. So we just watched movies whenever we wanted to, and we did that quite often.
For the past one week, DH has been at home, which is really awesome, but he got dish connection, to while away time. Argh! Till now, in almost six years, really I never bothered to even learn how to operate the complicated TV/Cable remote. And I liked it that way.
I am amazed at the advancedment in this field - TV/Cable. Not happy amazed, but ridiculus amazed.
Apparently there is Live TV and there is (dead?!) recorded TV. Yesterday I was watching Law and Order, and DH gave the phone to me to talk to DH's Mom. Guess what we were able to Pause the TV, finish talking and then resume watching the episode. It is quite fascinatiing, yes, but I do miss the real good old TV.
Also we can record shows and watch them later. Whatever! Wasnt TV supposed to be Live?
I am painfully reminded of Bill Bryson's words - On how the designers spend all their brains on making such ridiculously unneccessary improvements and spoiling us rotten. So what if you miss a few minutes of TV time? They have shows at all odd times, 1AM, 2AM in the morning, and we can record them, and watch them at our awake time. In the name of improving our convenience they are only messing us up even more, atleast me, I think.
Either I am too old, or I am not used to this yet.
I think I am headed toward my own destruction. I can watch mindless TV for hours, I hate myself for it. DH will be gone in a few days and then it will be just me and my non-live TV. For now work is not as hectic, but soon it is going to be a riot and I am definitely doomed with this idiot box!
So if you do not hear from me, I am probably being a couch potato watching back-to-back reruns-of-reruns-of-reruns of Sienfield. |
posted by SK @ 9:42 PM  |
|
| 2 Comments: |
-
LOL :-))! This is a funny post! Don't worry, you will soon get bored of the idiot-box :-))!
-
:--) Hahaha, I hope so, Arch!
|
| |
| << Home |
| |
|
|
|
|
LOL :-))! This is a funny post! Don't worry, you will soon get bored of the idiot-box :-))!