Ramblings Only

Just ramblings, only a vent for emotions, feelings and all the good stuff

 
One day at a time
Wednesday, April 04, 2007
After an extra long day, I come home as the clock strikes 6:30.
I want music to soothe my senses, to unwind as they call in America.
I want to listen to some Mozhi songs and run on the threadmill. It seemed like bliss, the perfect thing to do.
One problem. I didnt have them on my iPod.
I clumsily search for the chord to connect iPod to the laptop. Finally I find it.
I try another time to restart my almost dead iBook, to see if by any miracle the display screen would come up alive. I had given it to little brother to use. He brought it back to me, having killed the display. Didnt find the need to fix it, until now.
The iPods were configured to the iBook.
I searched in vain for more than 10 minutes for the iTunes I had downloaded recently on my work laptop. Then it struck me that it must have disappeared from my list of programs when my hard drive crashed.
I patiently download iTunes again.
I patiently download all the songs I want.
I connect my iPod, hoping blindly, even though my head said it wouldnt work, a miracle might just happen.
Nope.
"iTunes detected an iPod configured to a Mactintosh. Please restore iPod before connecting to Windows."
Darn!
I cant restore my iPod. I had more than 15GB worth of songs.
By now my desire or should I say obsession to listen to Mozhi songs is so strong.
Time: 7:05
Already late for the gym.
I pull out my old CD player. The battery is still alive.
I pick a couple of writable CDs to write the songs. They are pretty old over three years old. I doubt if they even work now.
I dont mind listening to songs on CD. I just had to listen to them while running.
CD1 in.
I watch with surprising patience, as it slowly converts each songs, verifies and burns. Wait, nope. Cannot burn CD. Darn.
CD2 , CD3 - same results.
I fight the desire to rush to Best Buy and get an iPod Nano. Even a cheapo MP3 player would do. Thank God I am not so weak to temptation anymore.
Dig the CD case for some more blank CDs.
Come across a long lost CD. One I burnt when I came to the US the first time.
CD4 , CD5 - no progress.
Time: 7:30
I have to get to the gym.
Through all the disappointment, I am happy to find the long lost CD.
I guess I didnt really need new songs, only something different to listen to.
Today this would do.

Reminded me of this one incident. I dont remember it, but my parents have told this to me many times. When I was barely three years old, apparently I cried non-stop through the night, past midnight, for a chocolate. Didnt stop crying until my Dad did go out and get me some. Well, I guess if DH were around I would have pestered him left and right to do something about my little obsession. Unfortunately for me, and fortunately for him, he is far away today.
posted by SK @ 8:56 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At 8:15 PM, Blogger Archana said…

    :-D - ah, been there, done that! Mozhi songs are simply awesome na? Its been going on in a continuous loop for post two days :-))!

     
  • At 6:43 AM, Blogger SK said…

    :--) Yes, Mozhi songs are really awesome!! My fav album right now.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me
Name: SK
See my complete profile
My Clicks
    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from ramblingsonly. Make your own badge here.
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2006 Ramblings Only .Template by Isnaini Dot Com