| Humma humma |
| Thursday, June 07, 2007 |
We were at the A R Rahman Concert last weekend. It was great, an experience of a kind.
What I liked: Felt like being in India, partially, with so many Indians in the same place. It was amazing to see A R Rahman, even though from a long shot. It was nice to see salwar clad Chitra, Pony-tailed Hariharan, good looking Madhushree and the others, Naresh Iyer, Blaaze, Sadhana Sargam none of whom I have ever seen before. A huge group crowded to dance in the front when songs from Shivaji were sung. Brought back warm memories of college days. Closing songs were in Tamil, thank god, Sa re ga ma from Boys and Humma humma from Bombay. We just let ourselves go loo-se. :--) What I not so much liked: Too many Hindi songs. Let me make myself clear, I am not against Hindi, but to hear, Kaadhal Rojave from Roja, as Roja Jaaneman, Vennilave vennilave from Minsara Kanavu as Chanda re chanda re, Kannalane from Bombay as Kehna hi kya, was not much to my liking. Guru songs were good, because they were originally in Hindi and I have listened to them in Hindi. Translations/dubbings bum me out. The security didnt allow camcorders. Bummer. But looks like lot of folks took video on their point and shoot camera* Man! These girls know how to dress up. I felt almost shabby, in a regular tee and capris.
*Here, you can find a more elaborate account of the event, with video clips,with the list of songs that were sung. I am too lazy to rewrite them here. But of course I will post my own pictures too.
 Rahman and Madhushree singing Tere Bina from Guru
 ARR singing Dil se from Dil se
 Hariharan and Sadhana Sargam singing Roja Jaaneman from Roja
I havent been to a music concert ever, this was my first one, and this will be the best I would ever attend, after all ARR is the maestro, God of music. :--) Brought goose bumps to see the man, even if from far away. |
posted by SK @ 9:16 PM  |
|
| 3 Comments: |
-
I go here on the 17th, will let you know how that goes :)
-
Looks like it was an awesome show :-)!
-
Altoid, :--) Let us know if you enjoyed it.
Arch, yes it was great. :--)
|
| |
| << Home |
| |
|
|
I go here on the 17th, will let you know how that goes :)