Ramblings Only

Just ramblings, only a vent for emotions, feelings and all the good stuff

 
Happy Halloween!
Wednesday, October 31, 2007
I have never really celebrated Halloween. Never did the usual stuff, like dressing up, or eating candies, or carving pumpkins.

The first year I landed in US, I had my real first culture shock during Halloween. The State Street of our University town was crowded with students dressed up in all freaky ways possible. Past midnight, people were drunk, scantily dressed, causing riots. One year I guess the police had to use tear gas to quieten the crowd. The crowd becomes so unmanageable. But looks like for two years now things have been peaceful. My school is famous for its Halloween riots.

But otherwise, Halloween comes and goes, thats it for me.

This year was a little different. Mainly because things are a little relaxed at work, as we are in transition between projects.

So this is what happened on our floor. Past week was interesting, doing shopping for Aisle Decoration Competition, and decorating our Aisles. Folks pushed their creativity to the limits I guess.
Here are some pictures. :--) Can you believe people work here?

Can you guess which Aisle is mine? I know I wouldnt have bothered to do anything, if I wasnt forced to take responsibility. But it was fun. Colleagues kept asking why do engineers have to do this kinda stuff, but I guess they want us to be 'creative'.

Our team also carved a pumpkin.

The judges didnt really understand our theme, apparently our idea was too geeky. :--(

PS: This post is limited edition, will be taken off in a couple of days.
posted by SK @ 4:47 PM  
8 Comments:
  • At 11:29 PM, Blogger Archana said…

    Looks very nice :-D! I take it that you guys "worked" really hard in that conducive atmosphere :-P!

    Sounds like a lot of fun :-)! Will do the guessing later - brain is slightly dead as of now :-(!

     
  • At 11:37 AM, Blogger Ram Srinivasan said…

    Wisc-mad a ni? Kallaku po.

     
  • At 8:05 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    O wow...you guys have had a lot of fun :-) Me taking a wild guess...Is yours the third photo?

     
  • At 11:54 AM, Blogger DivSu said…

    Ha ha ha. Yeah I remember those riots too. Terrible. I was almost caught in it in 2003. Scary!

    Decorations look fabulous. I am sure you felt spooky working in there;)

     
  • At 2:21 PM, Blogger Maverick said…

    urs was the one with all those spidey webs. am i right ?

     
  • At 3:20 PM, Blogger Juhi said…

    Looks like you had a great halloween!

     
  • At 12:39 PM, Blogger dakaltiz said…

    hey chance se ille..kalasi irukeenga...magana semaiya iruku... nice wrk...ennoda guess 3rd ? ...ethaachum pei music pottu viteengalaa?...

     
  • At 5:57 AM, Blogger SK said…

    Archana,
    Thanks! No all of us were pretty jobless. :--))

    Ok, Hehe amam.

    Dushti,
    :--) Nope, not the third one, but the second one, with least effort.

    Divs,
    They were bad werent they? I read things are under control nowadays.
    It sure was sppoky ;--)

    Maverick,
    Yes! You are right! :--)

    Hi Juhi, Welcome here. And yes we did! :--)

    Daks,
    Hehhe. Oh yes, they had scary music playing all day in some aisles. Just couldnt get anything done that day with all the noise. :--))

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me
Name: SK
See my complete profile
My Clicks
    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from ramblingsonly. Make your own badge here.
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2006 Ramblings Only .Template by Isnaini Dot Com