|
| Mid week musings |
| Tuesday, January 19, 2010 |
Today was one of those PR days. As a PR my role is to 'spread the word' and try to get more people into the program. We have been doing some things, thanks to the wonderful mentor I have in the President, always encouraging, always helpful, always ready to take initiative, responsibility. I love such reliable people (and hope to be one some day)! My job this time was to not actually do anything concrete, just make things happen. Work with people, get things done, consolidate items, and finally get everything ready for the big day. Mostly delegation and follow up. Flyers were made, by somebody, I couldn't possibly go around pinning them on all floors in all buildings, given I spend only two days on the site, that was also delegated with a lot of Thank yous thrown in. Presentation material was discussed, reviewed, some handouts prepared. Arrangements made to get people from outside from the security. One real thing I did was to introduce the speaker to the audience. Which I think I botched a bit, blame it on delayed flights and rainy weather and too many fires to put out at work. Another thing I did was to talk to people after the session and 'lure' them into joining the program. I couldn't help but compare this 'luring' to something people do at Amway. Something all of us terribly hate. I was wondering if I was being the same. So what is PR? What is marketing? To coax people to buy things, join groups, do stuff. But here I was. Standing there, representing the program, talking about the world of good it has done to me, and almost forcing people to come to our meeting! One difference I realized later in the day, as I sat in the flight back home, gazing out the window at the beautiful clouds, (I had forgotten my Ponniyin Selvan, and I was not sleepy too, I had to let my thoughts run wild), is that this is something that will be 'helpful' to people. There is no interest in 'money' unlike other Marketing propaganda. We want to help, thats it. My conscience is cleared. |
posted by SK @ 8:58 PM  |
|
| 3 Comments: |
-
Is this for the toastmasters club?
BTW - random thoughts are good. I firmly believe that these thoughts are what changed the world :) So rock on girl!
-
Enna Yesskay? Alcoholics Anonymous a? Put one thoondu for me.. I need some help :D
-
Saumya, Yes! :--) Hahah my thoughts for now just wreck havoc in me :--D
Mr Bodhi, LOL! :--)
|
| |
| << Home |
| |
|
|
|
|
Is this for the toastmasters club?
BTW - random thoughts are good. I firmly believe that these thoughts are what changed the world :) So rock on girl!