Ramblings Only

Just ramblings, only a vent for emotions, feelings and all the good stuff

 
Dedicated daughter and mean mom
Sunday, September 15, 2013
It is late in the night, been meaning to write something for long now.

BSK is almost day time potty trained! This whole weekend went by with no accidents. I hear about regression, I am wondering how and why that would happen, since I definitely don't want that to happen. This girl totally amazed us by getting the concept pretty quickly. Stickers helped greatly I guess. Let us see how things continue. Now she uses the potty seat, how would she use the potty when we are outside? How long would she need to be in diapers when outside? I hear night time potty training is a whole another beast requiring waking up in the middle of the night for potty trips. :--(( I am just too tired.

And that brings the next topic. Sleep training. Extremely sick and tired of daughter crying bloody murder in the middle of the night in her crib to be eventually be put between us by DH. It means pulling hair, kicking legs and no personal space. Finally we converted the crib to a toddler bed and put it close and have been trying to teach BSK to fall asleep on her own. It takes time and effort and lot of tears ;--( broke my heart when I had to refuse to give her my hair or hand to fall asleep :--((. She sometimes seems too mature for her age understanding cause and effect, good and bad, extremely stubborn. I feel so horrible to be mean to her. Literally told her I won't be with her if she doesn't sleep on her bed. She loves me too much, unconditionally, not sure how long it will last but I don't deserve it at all.  :--(
Anyway hopefully good nights sleeps are not far away and I can eventually move her into her own room. Hahah high hopes I know :--)

Will be back with more updates soon wanted to capture this here ASAP.
posted by SK @ 11:05 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At 1:29 PM, Blogger nourish-n-cherish said…

    Hi SK
    I am just starting the potty training beast and had a wonderful waterfall to deal with in the morning when I wanted an extra snooze - sigh!
    I have given up on having a good nights sleep SK. I will just have to resign myself to fragments of sleep till they are in college (By which time, insomnia will set in due to age and there goes!)

     
  • At 9:26 PM, Blogger SK said…

    Saumya,
    Aaah, let me know how it goes. I am not even thinking about night time potty training yet :--))
    Sleep, sigh!! the story of parents haan

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me
Name: SK
See my complete profile
My Clicks
    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from ramblingsonly. Make your own badge here.
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2006 Ramblings Only .Template by Isnaini Dot Com