|
| Please, sorry and thank you |
| Tuesday, June 11, 2013 |
Those are some things BSK has finely mastered recently.
Her 'Amma thooki' becomes 'Amma please thookkunga' when she really really wants to be carried and also is in a good mood. When she is sulking, no amount of kajoling will get her to say please, like she deliberately wouldnt want to say it. Like she knows!
Her 'Amma sticker book' becomes 'Amma please sticker book kodunga' I dont have the heart to refuse when she asks so. More so because I am the one that told her, she will get it if she says please!
Her thank yous, more like tanq, are a treat to hear and she gives them out liberally when in a good mood. Today she gave me a pretzel stick and went 'Amma tanq sollu' We are still working on the respectful tamil talk. We correct her without making her feel like she is saying something wrong.
She throws tantrums, like major ones. She can be the most difficult kid when she wants to. Scratches, and throws. Lot of work needs to be done there, not sure where she is picking this from. But after her tantrums, when I keep asking her to say sorry to me or whatever she threw because 'Ammakku vachicha' she will not say, unless after she enters a better mood. And then she will shower you with Sorry's. A coy smiling sorry.
And then she will give a live account of what happened. "BSK color throw panna, amma inga timeout kuduthua, BSK ooooo azhudha" Point to the places, and enact the whole thing. Shabba.
Today I skipped cooking and gym, was extremely tired after a long day. Was playing with BSK. We got a little tent for her to play with. When it was time to sleep she said, ' BSKku mela sleep panna venama, tentla sleep pannanuma' So we slept in the tent. I was asking her "Amma epdi BSK a koopduva?" "Pattu kutty koopduva" "Appa epdi koopduva?" "Kutty chellam koopduva" "Aunty B (at day care) epdi koopduva?" "Saashu baashu koopduva" "Vrinda (day care friend) epdi koopduva?" "Vrinda BSKva ipdi achitta" acts out too, while I split into laughter. "Kavin epdi koopduva" "Kavin shoe pottutu vandhan" rotfl! If she doesnt know the answer she just makes one, somehow relevant to the question. ;--)
When I tell her, "I love you BSK kutti", she goes "I love you amma kutti" ;--) Her imitation is at its peak.
At night when I put her to sleep, she asks for Appa I tell her, Appa gym ku exercise panna poyirukkanga, she keeps asking for appa and tells herself like explaining to herself, appa gymkku exercise panna poirukkanga. Like she is internalizing it by repeating it again and again.
More later. :--)
Ciao.
|
posted by SK @ 9:31 PM  |
|
| 2 Comments: |
-
Mazhalai selvam - enjoy :)
-
Saumya :--))) It is a fun phase no?
|
| |
| << Home |
| |
|
|
|
|
Mazhalai selvam - enjoy :)