Ramblings Only

Just ramblings, only a vent for emotions, feelings and all the good stuff

 
A is for Anniversaries
Tuesday, April 01, 2014
I decided to join in the atoz challenge as April rolls in.
I am in a rambling mode, so will think of titles to match the alphabets for what I want to write, reverse engineering as they call it. :--)

Without further ado, anniversaries, April marks our 9 year anniversary of blissful married life. 9 years! NINE fricking years! How time flies! I am still not able to wrap my head around the fact that next year we would be married for 10 years. I feels like such a long time.

I am a sucker for anniversaries. DH and I kept track of the different days we did different things, like go out on a first icecream 'date', or the day he taught me to ride a bike, or the day we first fought and so on. Now I think of it it sounds so silly, but it felt very real and cute then.

We like to celebrate  our anniversaries by going somewhere, just like many other friends of mine. Our first wedding anniversary was spent in Yosemite, a very memorable trip. A trip when DH didnt know what hiking was and asked me "Do you just walk ? is that what we will do?" :--) We have come a long way from there.

Second year anniversary was spent in Catalina Islands you can see I was a young and naive girl :--P

Third anniversary was in Reno.  An early trip because I went to Israel close to the actual date.

So we decided to make it a big celebration for our fourth. A cruise to Jamaica!

So fifth turned out to be low key and we in fact spent the evening at an AID meeting, with friends wishing us.

I was pregnant when our marriage turned 6, so I dont remember what we did. ;--) Looks like I wasnt even in my right mind to log it in my blog here. Darn!

Seventh, we took off to a Casino, with dotter with parents, psst, parents thought we went to work. :--) we did the 9-5. It was BLISS to say the least, esp taking a break from an almost one year old and being for a day like how we used to get wasted before the baby.

Eighth was ignored because we were flying to India.

Ninth is coming around, the plan is to make it like the seventh.

Our relationship itself has moulded well, we know each other so well, we are too busy and tired to fight is what I tell friends and people. We have to be a team now to tackle the terrible twos.

DH gave me this for one of our anniversaries - "Grow old with me, the best is yet to be" Life is fast paced right now, but the gentle comfort of spending it with the guy you have known since you were 20 is nice, and sweet.

Next year is the tenth! Again gulp!

How do you celebrate your anniversaries?
posted by SK @ 9:04 AM  
4 Comments:
  • At 3:51 PM, Anonymous yaadayaada said…

    Happy Anniversary! We did a family cruise for our 10th. Both set of parents, siblings and their family flew in from all over the world. It was great fun!!

     
  • At 4:19 PM, Anonymous Maggie Winter said…

    We married on Valentines 13 years ago by accident more than planning...which was probably a mistake, it can make for an expensive time...we tend to do similar to your casino day, good old blow out.

     
  • At 4:19 AM, Blogger Lavanya said…

    omg, 10th anniversary! I'm on the verge of my first and getting dizzy already :D

     
  • At 3:40 PM, Blogger SK said…

    Yaadayaada, wow that is a nic to celebrate the milestone! :--)

    Maggie, Wow wedding on V day! :--) Casino is a goo way to spend the day right!

    Chutney, what one year already-a! NOw I feel oldddd :--)) what plans?

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me
Name: SK
See my complete profile
My Clicks
    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from ramblingsonly. Make your own badge here.
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2006 Ramblings Only .Template by Isnaini Dot Com