Didnt I tell you I will work this challenge to write about the topics I want. ;--)
Have half a mind to do C is for Cute BSK and D is for Darling BSK and fill this challenge with posts about BSK :--D Dont worry I was just joking, I will try to post about different topics within reason.
So lately I have been struggling to set a routine at home, for all the chores and stuff that needs to be done day in and day out, like brushing, eating, cooking, not to mention combing BSK's hair!, which is a nightmare in itself with her decisions on color of rubberbands, number of kudumis, choice of hair clips and so on.
But finally I nailed it. Nailed the morning routine. I just decided to keep the cooker, and pack the lunches the night before. BSK eats food cooked the previous evening, is that so bad? She still eats within a 24hr window so I am guessing not.
Here is what BSK is upto, when she is not making me pull my hair or pulling it herself.
- She enjoys cooking with me or DH. With DH she likes to make tea, and eggs. With me she likes to help (or not help) cut veggies, put the veggies in the paathram and mix. Mixing is her favorite sport. However she does not like to eat though. :--P
- She loves to put the dishwasher is an understatement. Left to herself she will put the dishwasher as many times as possible in a day. She also likes to help me put away the dishes to their respective places, by picking it off of the dishwasher and giving it to me for storing.
- She loves to clean up and sweep the house. She wouldnt let me do it, and would take over right away.
- Erm before you think I am engaging in child labor, BSK loves to read too. Every night she needs to read three books. Else all hell will break loose. It is a perfect strategy for me to reduce the book count if she doesnt get into her bed quick enough. "3 books venuma, 2 books venuma, 1 book venuma, 0 book venuma?" She knows 0 books is no book. And reminds herself when asked the question and get on with whatever it is she was refusing to do.
- She has started tracing on letters. I learnt about this when I showed her her V day card from her friend at school and she took a pen and neatly traced "I love you" on the card and surprised me.
- She knows the sounds of letters. She went "Sss-Na-Oo-Za-Ee-Ee-Rrr-Sss - RED" because Snoozers was written inside a Red box.We have to give it to her for getting the sounds right. :--P
- When she is upset she can scream like anything.
- She loves to laugh. I am trying this strategy of making her laugh to get her to do things. But it is exhausting really to talk in hyper toned voices like all the time, say the same thing multiple times. But she is thoroughly entertained.
- She can draw circles. Lot of circles.
- She is very messy, just like me I can see. When I give her the colors to draw or color, and if i disappear for a minute she would draw on her hands and legs and one day she even drew on her tongue :--P and showed me. Messiness runs in the family I guess.
- She is extremely 'reserved' I am not supposed to use the shy word it seems. But everything matches. I have a shy kid to raise. First I was sad. Because hey I was expecting to raise a social butterfly who was the center of attention in any crowd. Something I have wanted to be but never could. Who am I kidding, the apple doesnt fall far from the tree. She is just like me. Very conscious around people she does not know. It takes a good two hours for her to warm up to new people. If the people are not nice, sometimes never :--P She still gets scared when the door bell rings, anxiety triggers if she is exposed to circumstances she does not expect. After moping for a week, I did want I could, be prepared and prepare herself to handle this personality of hers. At the back of my mind this guilt sits wondering if I did not give her enough opportunity to mingle with more people in the 1-3 year timeframe. So my goal is to give her ample opportunity to mingle with more kids . Now I am one lazy introvert who does not like to socialize, so it is really a BIG step for me. Going out of the way to ask stranger mommies (erm mommies I am meeting for the first time) for playdates, and of course getting over the rejection when they dont return my calls or notes :--P What all mommyhood makes you do! Oops this post is supposed to be about BSK and not me. As she grows older she will be better I know, just need to help her.
- At home though my my, she is the mistress of the house, ordering us around. "Nee inga vaa, inga okkaru" "one color than tharuven, two lam thara matten" "Appa mumum done panla so no snack." "nee enakku huggy therla la naan unkitta pesa matten PPPo Ppoo" She also went into the bathroom and sulked when Daisy and Aghoo came to visit.
Shabba. I can see a glimpse of how her teenage years will be. DH and I are bracing ourselves for the future.
But some days she can be sweet, extremely sweet, like today. (Limited Edition picture) Got ready to school on time, finished her milk and breakfast on time.
A cute little tempest she is, with moods that change at lightening speed, constantly challenging our patience and ability to be her parents. Love her to bits.
|
Cutie pie! I love her outfit in this pic.. very pretty..
It was hilarious though how she showed attitude and went into the bathroom..
I am glad you are over the shy kid thingie though.She may outgrow it or may be not.. dont stress! she is a delight to be with :)