| Time for resolutions!
Last year was good in some respects, not so good in others. For some folks resolutions don't work, they are a sham, namesake. But for me they most certainly help me focus on my goals. I love planning and assessing!
What went well last year - 1) workout - 4 5 times a week. Was diligent at this. Am stronger and have learnt more workout strategies.
2) volunteering - made some awesome new friends and contacts. Volunteered for WIN and kids to work day and some other small events.
3) getting rid of daughter's shyness - I didn't rid of it, BSK did all of it, I merely provided opportunities for her to interact with a lot of kids. Still a long way to go but happy with the progress so far. As a family we have been more social, if only to provide dotter with the opportunity to come out of her shell.
4) happier than usual - happiness projects and Instagram has helped look for happiness in everyday small moments and I have been happier than usual
5) overcoming stress - I have not been too stressed this year at all. Happiness project helped to a certain extent.
6) cooking - I think it is thanks to the new kitchen, I have been cooking 3 4 times a week, 30-40 min max in the evenings, simple meals with less fanfare. Want to continue this into next year.
What went okay -
1) work - average year, nothing stellar, not horrible. Lot of learning.
2) relationship with K - didn't realize our relationship was deteriorating to be mundane and romance almost non existent. Yes when you have babies it is natural, but now that BSK is a little older, time to rekindle the romance and stay connected and spend sometime together consciously. Working 50mi apart doesn't make it any easier so we will only have to try harder.
3) travel - travel was mediocre. India trip. Washington DC. RV trip! Two camping trips. Train trip. Not a great year but good nevertheless.
What was bad -
1) diet! - I didn't have diet on my list of resolutions last year and here everything went downhill. I probably ate more calories than usual. So diet is back on the list this year.
2) patience with dotter - has been bad bad bad. I guess I will never measure upto the good mothers scale. Need to work on patience with dotter. Started reading some books so hope to see some improvement the next year.
3) drinking water - somewhere along the way I lost my 1liter water bottle at work and hence my intake of water has drastically gone down at work. Need to really get a handle on it.
4) sugar intake - has gone up. Need intervention
5) cell phone addiction - I totally don't like it. Cannot be without the cellphone. Need some deaddiction measures.
So resolutions for 2015 -
1) Conscious eating - - cut out processed sugar - continue no simple carbs - 2 servings of fruit per day - 1 liter of water a day - more home cooked meals
2) continue working out 4 5 days a week - work on strengthening all muscle groups - work on improving cardio fitness - stretch for 10mins after workout
3) more discipline and efficiency at work - plan the day to be more productive - focus on high impact work than rat on the wheels busy work - some introspection on career and future is needed this year - work life balance with odd hour meetings
4) spend more time with dotter and DH - workout during lunch at work so evenings can be spent at home - spend more time playing, doing homework etc with dotter - take regular time to bond with DH
5) keep the home organized - - a little bit of tidying up everyday goes a long way, somehow I can never do it. Will try to give it one more shot this year 6) less time on the phone - - have the habit of checking emails before putting on my glasses in the morning. Need to reduce cellphone time.
7) volunteering - chairing outreach committee this year. Lot of improvement to be made on this front. Will be working with an amazing woman so hope to truly make a difference in the life of young girls. Challenge is balancing this with everything else.
8) dotter - - need to work on her eating too! Hone her table manners - help her with focussing on task at hand with less distraction - new school transition - nurture the love of reading in her - help her control her anger and extreme emotions - most importantly help her to be cooperative.
I think that is it.
Lofty resolutions?
Will be taking my sabbatical! Let's see how resolutions work with that in the middle.
|
Good luck with all the resolutions.May you and your family see only success,happiness and always be surrounded by love,peace and truthfulness.May you always feel protected and may your love for God grow.Happy New year you guys.