5am the prayers in the near by mosque is heard. Motorbikes, cycles go by. Our house is right on the main road so everything can be heard in the bedrooms. Then I hear the broomsticks sweeping the grounds. Birds chirping.. Who am I kidding, I hear only crows crowing ;--)
There is an unexplained sense of peace being at home. I was 20 in this house too. With just my parents living now a few changes in the house, cleaned up. I Lived in dreams then too I guess, I wanted to escape. Couldn't wait to get out. The Chennai I come to in not the Chennai I see and hear when in US. When try to think if I can move back, I cannot.
I don't have too many friends here, lost touch with everyone. Church was my one source of friends and I lost a lot of them when I married DH. Even otherwise somehow you don't belong here when you marry and leave? Folks see me and exchange pleasentaries, very superficial.
All I have are memories. It doesn't fail to remind me how far I have come. The kind of life I led. When people blame engineering and how kids are made to study without interest, I don't blame my parents. I don't know what I would have done had I not studied. Engineering was my ticket out for a better life. I am happy. I am grateful.
Laterz. |
oh certainly.engineering was our big ticket.