Ramblings Only

Just ramblings, only a vent for emotions, feelings and all the good stuff

 
G for Gas free
Wednesday, April 08, 2015
Well almost. 5k+ miles. 

What are the fun things about being gas free 
- not stepping into a gas station for the past quarter has been pretty awesome
- having a 'full tank' erm full charge everyday morning is pretty awesome too
- I don't have to detour into a gas station in the hurried mornings when invariably something is due
- I notice the loud noises the cars make and they surprise me
- the fumes, catch me off guard
- it is almost as if I am in stealth mode and nobody can hear me zooooooooom past them. Too bad I don't produce tons of smoke and smoke them in ;--p
- I forgot if it was liters or gallons you put gas in when I was talking to someone
- I don't know if the gas prices are high or low. I follow TSLA instead 
- notice so many EV parking/charging spots in complexes nowadays. SF Airport has one very very close to the entrance. Though I don't charge, nice to get priority parking
- I belong to this super smug group of tesla owners worldwide. Some smart and responsible, some vain. Lot of owners in Europe, Norway, Sweden, Germany. Germany! Yes the home of Bimmers, Mercs and Porsches. Europe has great subsidy for EVs, they are trying to not be dependant on the Middle East. And There are a few owners in the Middle East too. 
- the software aspect never ceases to amuse me. The ease at which they fix bugs and add features. 
So park assist was not there when I got the car, and then they added it. 

This is when I park in my garage ;--) earlier I used to be so scared. Software update 6.1 helped.

I know these are probably basic features in high end cars, but to ADD them after you bought the car is praiseworthy. 

Update 6.2 has Valet mode now, hides favorite places, home link,  cannot go beyond 70mph and so on and so forth. 

- earlier when I charged my phone in the car I lost atleast 20-30mi per fueling trip. Now I keep it plugged in the car all the time. Great time to charge since I am sitting there anyway.

- last but not the least the joy of driving! I WANT to run errands ;--)





posted by SK @ 8:15 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me
Name: SK
See my complete profile
My Clicks
    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from ramblingsonly. Make your own badge here.
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2006 Ramblings Only .Template by Isnaini Dot Com