Ramblings Only

Just ramblings, only a vent for emotions, feelings and all the good stuff

 
Mid week mindset
Thursday, July 30, 2015
This week has been filled with moments where I wanted to throw my laptop in the trash can. My work is mostly in emails and I have restarted Outlook several times. I think my devices are not able to handle the sudden overload of emails. My iPhone too.  How I wish I had a hassle free MacBook. Or is it really hassle free? Windows 8.1 sucks. I know I shouldn't say it. :--p but seriously what stupid idiotic OS is that. Now it is Win 10. Pah. Outlook has been so horrible. I am not able to do anything with the stupid calendar. And of course I have Lync issues. Always when I have to present and time is of essence. 

***Third time I am trying to resend a meeting invite. Why are simple things so complicated in this stupid OS. I am still waiting.. And blogging.***

Looks like weekend work is in order. We have camping plans where there will not be internet. Should I be selfish and ask someone to cover for me. Or should I suck it up and get to work. This is total resume worthy escalation with lot of learnings. So I don't want to miss it and give up. Today I literally had a dejavu moment. Remember those GMAT logical reasoning questions? What do you infer from the following paragraph, and a bunch of conditions? I wondered how these were relevant.  That is exactly what we had to do today, we had to infer from a bunch of test results. I love doing this. If only it were between 9 and 5 instead of interfering with everything else in my life like family and workout and cooking and every f-ing thing. 

***Now Outlook woke up for a minute from Not Responding. I sent the calendar update and....back to not responding.***

Mr Abdul Kalam kept me company this week. So cute he is, a total nerd. Also very humble. I could relate to him a lot. Shy in childhood, learning to be assertive when starting work. I guess it is a universal South Indian problem? He is a highly learned person and he says he still learns from people. So always wanting to learn more is not a bad thing! Curiosity is not a bad thing! Of late because I have this desire to learn a lot of things through my job and I wondered when would I really contribute or produce using what I learned. The moment I think I 'get' something I lose interest in it. And I want to jump over to something else. I wondered if I was an escapist. ***ah my calendar hit went through alleluia! Now I can go to sleep***

He talks about all the people who have inspired him. I see it as this - it is his innate character to see the goodness in people around him and be inspired by it. One might wonder how come he was lucky to have so many good people around him. Once again that goes to prove, it is what you make of your surroundings. Another thing I associate with him, being of the minority religion, but yet having so many Hindu friends. The secularism, the broad mindedness, his pious father. He found the connection between spirituality and science too. One does not have to forego their religious beliefs in order to agree with science. He rightly said Indians don't challenge the status quo. Some exceptional people might, but most don't. It is the way of our culture. 

And what a coincidence that I read his book,  of the the missile man launching satellites to orbit, right after I read about my first role model Elon who also launches spacecrafts. :--p both have similar goals in a way, and accomplished them too. Elon for his company and Kalam for his country. 

People who come from such a background only can truly uplift India. Because they understand and are able to relate to most of Indians. I have to get hold of his other books. I want to buy this book and underline some sentences and read them again and again. Gems of wisdom. 

I am rambling on, true to my name.

Good night!


posted by SK @ 12:00 AM  
4 Comments:
  • At 6:58 PM, Blogger newmomontheblock said…

    Hai,

    I read your blog but rarely comment. I am currently reading Carl Sagan's biography.

    I saw an on- demand course on coursera called Astrobiology and the search for extraterrestrial life and thought it might be of interest to you:)

    Uma

     
  • At 7:01 PM, Blogger newmomontheblock said…

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At 8:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You'll still need Outlook (that sucks BIG TIME!) on a MacBook. I switched after 15 years of Windows to a MacBook recently. Office for Mac is a significant contributor to one's stress level!

     
  • At 9:08 AM, Anonymous SK said…

    Uma,

    Thanks will check it out !

    Anon, oh no so there is no saving grace?!!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me
Name: SK
See my complete profile
My Clicks
    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from ramblingsonly. Make your own badge here.
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2006 Ramblings Only .Template by Isnaini Dot Com