| 1) first off read somewhere that laziness is a sign of genius. Ahem now let me say that made me happy. What a nice excuse for being lazy ;--p
2) choir practice. Next week we will be singing! Dotter was very cooperative at church today while I focused on my music. I have to say dotters piano lessons are helping me too. I play church pieces in the keyboard to practice and also learning my Do Re Mi.
3) talking for Do Re Mi, I don't quite like dotters class, it feels too advanced to me, or the teachers are not teaching well or they expect parents to do a lot of heavy lifting at home, or I feel so because we missed the first class and are catching up. It is too late to cancel now and each class is kinda expensive. We sat and practiced in the afternoon for some time. Dotter was not in the mood and was really getting on my nerves. I seriously started rethinking piano,feels like too much work for me. I prefer classes where teachers do most of the work in the class and I just chauffeur her around ;--p refer to point 1 on laziness. anyway the happy note is that in the evening she herself told me she wanted me to teach her piano. I fell on the floor in surprise. And whatever she was struggling to get she played in a few trys and was done with it. If only she were 'in the mood' everyday! It was so cute when she asks questions, ' like I don't get it, why is it a whole note', very simple, I struggled to answer her without going into fractions. 4) family time was walking to the library with a stop at the park. Madame made it to the top of the web structure for the first time, I remember a year ago when she didn't even make it to the halfway point. And she wanted to climb a tree. She tried. I wished I could teach her but I have never climbed one! I enjoyed being surrounded by books. We shared our stories with dotter when we didn't have access to such libraries and books. It was a day with family, just us. Peaceful and beautiful.
5) until what age does reading aloud make sense? We still do it even for chapter books, we alternate pages. After we finish reading dotter will want to read alone for 5mins before calling it a night. Dotter lost her movie time today because she lost her temper during lunch time. And during prayer she was like ' oh god why did you make me miss my movie by making me get angry today, god, don't make me get upset!' I love how she 'talks' to God. He will be her companion when we are gone.
Bonus , because Sunday 6) garage is cleaned and Mia is parked inside the garage. I stop the car outside the garage and Summon her in. She slowly cautiously goes and parks herself inside. And morning I Summon her out and she cautiously come outside. Love it! Now I need to figure out home link and we will be all set!
Night!
|
Amazing!!