Monday - After a kinda long kinda depressing day, I know why and I know I just have to coast through the days and let time pass before spring springs and happiness enters my life, I went for Choir practice in the evening. I had to miss gym I was kinda bummed again. I have to say gym helps getting those endorphins up and making me generally happy. The only problem is I wouldn't be able to sleep at an appropriate time at night because of the same endorphins.
Anyhoo, we meet at a lady's house. She is a 63 year old lady who is the principal of an elementary school. She comes from work at 7 later than me or DH. She came late today and she just sat with us for practice. I cannot do that. When I get back from work I need atleast 15mins to relax before I do anything.
Now when I say choir you may think of a group of people, but we are exactly 4 in number. 1 soprano which is me, 1 alto the principal, 1 tenor who is also our lead musician guitarist, and 1 at times base, also guitarist. So that means I will be the only voice singing a tune, which means any mistake can be easily caught. :--P But oh how I loved singing. Our choir lead teaches music at the public schools, he has pursued music as a career and is so passionate about it. It was bliss to be around him. Singing gives me so much happiness, to hear my voice fill the room, to stretch a note until the end. And when all the voices come together to make a beautiful arrangement it makes me happy, makes it all worth skipping gym, hurrying up to cook before leaving, coming late home with a slightly irritated husband because I took off 2 hours to do something of my interest on a weekday.
Tuesday- After a rather busy day at work, some frustrating moments, one of those days when you spend a lot of time on tasks but have nothing concrete to show for all the hours worked, I left early to take dotter to a music class demo. Thank god it is a parent and child class because that means I can learn too! I have learnt proper music but not long enough to remember everything. We learnt Do Re Mi which made dotters eyes light up , I have sung 'Do a deer a female deer' so many times to her. The piano looked so big for her. I enjoyed the class, when the teachers sing song voice filled the room.
Immediately after I headed to the school while DH took dotter home because it was Back to School night. We were asked for donations, we were told to be on time. Kids get iPads! No escaping electronics I guess. Dotter may be a bit bored as they are just learning to write letters and phonics. I will take it as a really really strong foundation. She is spending all her free time drawing and coloring.
It is amusing to see dotter interact and meet new people. She took a flower to her teacher today on her own. And apparently the teacher put it in a small vase with water. She wants to make one girl her friend but apparently she is very mean to her and screams to her face. One kid called her friend a loser because she was fat and dotter defended her and said no one is a loser. She has some good morals, thankfully.
They go to the library and get to take one book a week which is so cute. I signed up to read to the class and to help on Friday mornings with Math.
Many field trips, gardening, Mrytle the turtle the classroom pet, marble jars for being good and what not, i wish I were a student in dotters class too, sounds like so much fun!
|