| Happy Birthday |
| Wednesday, December 20, 2006 |
It was this day seven years ago, We were very young when we had you, We were mere teenagers, Know not did we, What to name you, how to call you, We nurtured you in our own ways, We fought about you, we laughed about you, We always loved what we had, You.
You grew bigger and stronger, You took different dimensions, Different shapes, different colors, But you continued to grow, Bigger and stronger, thicker and thicker, We gave you another name when you were about five, Friendship you were called first, Love was your second name.
May you continue to grow between us, As always, Taller than the mountains, Deeper than the seas, More arcane than the darkest of secrets, For you bring meaning to our lives, For you define the purpose of our very living, It is you who give us a reason to live, It is you who keeps the bond, Between us alive.
PS: Seven years! Seven full years! Same day seven years back, 20th Dec 1999, just before stepping into the next millenneum, me and DH met for the first time, a brief encounter, when glances were exchanged, nothing much else, but soon after, the bond of friendship grew between us, slowly and steadily, so strong, and so thick. It still continues to grow as we reach new realms of friendship, redefining it as we go. Long live! |
posted by SK @ 4:45 AM  |
|
| 5 Comments: |
-
:-) - congratulations! Ippadi evvalavu dates nyabagam irrkku ;-) - just kidding!
Oh, regarding your party post, nice story :-). I usually love going to SF - it is simply soooooooo vibrant and I feel very "alive" when I am there. Traffic is horrendous though - two weeks ago, we were going to SF downtown - we took 2 hours to get there from the South bay (normally it is 45 minutes) - aaaargh!
Million dollar question? Hmm, just recently I had this same discussion with my manager :-). I would probably quit my job and travel around the world till I run out of the money :-).
-
Nice post, nallaa ezhuthi iruka di. Congrats! Am happy for you :-)
-
and it still looks like yesterday??
-
Hey Thanks Arch! Dates..yes, I never forget dates, they are marked on calenders :--D AAhhh, we think alike on matters of travel :--) I would do the same!
J, Thanksssss :--)
Spark, Always sire :--)
-
Dropped in from... I donno where. Been doing a lot of blog hopping.. and came across your blog. I had to comment on this post eventhough, i'm doing it exactly one year later.. Lovely words. Simple yet so meaningful. I remember the dates too and what an amazing journey it has been for me and my gal!!
|
| |
| << Home |
| |
|
|
:-) - congratulations! Ippadi evvalavu dates nyabagam irrkku ;-) - just kidding!
Oh, regarding your party post, nice story :-). I usually love going to SF - it is simply soooooooo vibrant and I feel very "alive" when I am there. Traffic is horrendous though - two weeks ago, we were going to SF downtown - we took 2 hours to get there from the South bay (normally it is 45 minutes) - aaaargh!
Million dollar question? Hmm, just recently I had this same discussion with my manager :-). I would probably quit my job and travel around the world till I run out of the money :-).