|
| Latest and greatest |
| Wednesday, April 08, 2009 |
* I dont want to use the b-u-s-y word. I firmly believe the most important (read busy) people have the time to do everything they want to do. These are times when my 'goals' are put to heavy tests. Positive thinking, not worrying, relaxing, finding time for self, looking at the big picture..hmm bahut tough.
* Anyway, here I was trying to reduce TV watching, and what do they do at work, they open a game room, with big flat screen TVs with Wii and cable! And some other games like Pool and Table Tennis and FooseBall. Ironically I havent had the time to go to the game room. Sigh, such is life.
* A friend who had a baby recently and was gone for over a year is back. I didnt realize that I missed her, until she came back. Time can heal anything really. But we have been having some girl time during lunch, talking about various girl topics ranging from shopping in India to babies and diapers and labor.
* I thought I will write an elaborate post on my weight loss program, after I lose 10 more lbs. But that is not going to happen. I am stuck. So I am going to cherish this weight. I have had many people on the floor come and tell me I am shrinking day by day. Today a lady said, I have a good figure. :--P While in reality I havent lost many pounds in the past month.
* On the same note having been a regular at the gym for so many months, I went to the group class on Monday thinking I should be able to crack the class no problem. But how wrong I was! I was introduced to many groups of muscles I never knew existed. They have this Amped Abs class in 24hrfitness. Its a 15min workout focussed on Abs. Its just crazy.
* I have enjoyed Zumba classes on Friday evenings. I realized Latin dances like Cha cha, mambo etc etc are soo similar to namma dappan koothu. Two weeks back I was obsessed with this Vaada Maapillai song from Villu. I know I am embarrassed to say this, but its got good beats you have to admit. I was able to use the Zumba steps to this song and they fit beautifully!
* I have to admit having worked where I am at for about four years now, I havent been to the Fitness Center on site ever. This being some Health Awareness month at work, they had some free sessions, booths, which we gals decided to attend today after lunch. Thus I visited the gym onsite for the first time. I was impressed to say the least. They have some good pilates, aerobics, and karate classes too. I have to use this facility somehow. For once my weight did not embarras me as I stood on the scale at the Weight Watchers booth. Yippee! I have a few more pounds to go, but I am happy with where I am now too!
* Lately I have been forced to do things not within my comfort zone. Its new, not necessarily exciting. I happened to watch a video from Toastmasters of myself. I stand and talk like people are doing a favor listening to me. I have some major changes to do with myself. Its not only important to be confident, but to also exude confidence in the way we carry ourselves. I am lacking that. Currently I am very much impressed with my boss, who is the epitome of confidence.
* You can see my bullets have once again geared towards one topic, health. Thats the only thing on my mind, other than work.
* Oh the other thing on my mind, upcoming vacation! ;--) I am looking forward to it, but thinking of what all I have to wrap up at work, and the amount of shopping, prepping, I have to do in the next couple weeks, with it being Easter next week, with family and friends, makes me dizzy. But I am not complaining, just hoping I will survive the next two weeks, to enjoy a well deserved vacation.
So thats my life. How is yours going? |
posted by SK @ 7:57 PM  |
|
| 8 Comments: |
-
:) Have you heard daddy mummy from Villu? Super it is:) Also dimthanaku thillana:D
-
vaada mapillai is perfect guilty pleasure song. I like these songs sung by Tippu.
Orey gyming dhana?
My life is pretty good right now. At home, having good food, meeting friends. After one month when I go back to job search, I don't know how it ll be! :P
-
hey i was in a " vaada mapilai" phase last month too.
Vacation? sounds cool! yenga poreenga??
My life is ok- nothing interesting happening. I sooooooooooo wanna go home this summer.. papom how things pan out..
-
Where is the vacation! :)
SOrry, SK, been busy with you know what. Ya, busy is the word, so not gone around commenting!
-
Ram, Ya I like Dimthanakka too! Daddy Mummy not so much. :--) Vaada mappila is my fav. ;--D
Adi, Yes! Super beats that songs has. Hmmm sonnadhulendhu not gymming properly. :--D
And yep I can imagine, my brother is in the same position :--(
Daisy, Yes its just a phase la, the song is not evergreen or anything. Vacation, I told you remember, long time back? India trip-a enjoy maadi!! :--)
Nandini, Will tell will tell, once everything is confirmed :--) How is the prep going on? Eppo taking the exam? Good luck!
-
oo yeah!! now i remember.. have fun SK!! and please to post pics..
-
Know what ? Dunno why, I actually liked all those songs, probably because I have not watched the videos yet... :D I could totally imagine a "chill" jig for vaada mapillai and I actually kept crooning "Daddy Mummy" for a long time... very catchy :) Happy gymming and happy vacation planning..
PS: Can we catch up sometime this week since weekends are turning out to be a disaster ?
-
Daisy, Yes yes, am back too! :--) Thinking of writing something, hope time permits.
Krithika, Aahh, if you, a music enthusiast likes the songs, the songs are really good then, its not just me :--D Call.. I guess I give up now! :--)
|
| |
| << Home |
| |
|
|
|
|
:) Have you heard daddy mummy from Villu? Super it is:) Also dimthanaku thillana:D