|
| Life is not a bed of roses |
| Sunday, July 01, 2012 |
- Got the first call from day care, saying BSK is fussy and crying and not well. I took off in the afternoon and picked her up from day care. She seemed fine at home, she had a little cold. The next day she was fine. Immediately DH and I decided we will take turns handling these emergencies. If one has work commitments that cannot be skipped the other would adjust.
- DH and I wanted to make a video titled 'How to put diaper on a continuously moving tushy'. DH is an expert. BSK would stay down long enough only for the first half, then she will get up and start loitering around. We have had a few accidents, havent all parents had them? I get frustrated quickly but DH's funny bone has rubbed on me and I have learnt to see the comedy in these situations too.
- So one day BSK threw up all her milk within minutes of drinking it. This was in the morning. The bed sheets were stained. I think BSK figured we will not change it unless we are forced to. So we removed the whole works, Flat sheet, fitted sheet, pillow covers, comforter, mattress protector. I am too lazy to change sheets even on a weekend. On a weekday, this was extra work not anticipated. So anyway we changed the sheets and I quite liked the change of scene.
- That night, BSK coughed after her milk and I knew she was going to throw up. I was not prepared. She has rarely thrown up before then. But I knew one thing. Save the sheets! I picked her up and stood up. And watched her throw up. All over the carpet!! Too late. To not that carpets are more difficult to clean up.
- Since then for the next few nights, a slight sign of cough from BSK sends me running to the bathroom picking a slightly confused dazed half asleep BSK who looks rather amused at her reflection in the mirror everytime. She is fine now.
- So Thursday I turned 33. Phew! I dont feel 33 I tell you. We decided to leave BSK at the day care and take the day off. The night before DH planned a moonlight/candelight wine drinking experience in the patio. But it was too cold, I had a few sips of the wine and coazed DH to get inside soon. Thank you for this but can we finish off inside please?
- So we dropped BSK at day care. I was holding her so she cried. :--( We went to the mall. I shopped in places I have not shopped before like Bebe, and DKNY. It was kinda fun. To be in the mall when everyone else was at work. Hahah suckers. We wanted to catch a movie but we decided to head home and catch up on much needed sleep.
- Friday we set off on a short trip to Mendocino. We left home only at 11:30, out original plan was to leave by 9AM. We did all the packing and prepping in the morning hence the delay. We didnt mind too much except that we reached Mendocino at 5PM. We were there only for a night.
- We stopped for lunch and DH was cribbing about the lost time. I philosophized saying it is not the destination that is important but the journey itself. Our holiday has already started, even eating at TacoBell is part of our holiday cherish it. DH was convinced and he said he is having a fantastic time and TacoBell is his favorite destination so far.
- BSK still hates the carseat even after upgrading to convertible. I dont want to switch her to front facing just yet. Somehow we managed. The hotel was very close to the ocean. The patio of our rooms were overlooking the ocean. With a trail running just outside. There were large windows in the room so you can see the ocean from anywhere in the room. Just what we needed to put in holiday mode! We instantly loved the room.
- BSK loved the room too. For she could see every single passer by. And she could see every single dog walking by. And she would give a shout, "Daaaaaaaaa!" the dog owners would give a smile, stop for a while and move on.
- We went on a walk on the trail. We took some pictures, fog set in, it was beautiful. BSK walked holding my finger and still managed to fall down a couple of times, scratching her knee just a teeny bit. Then we got back to the room, and spent the rest of the evening watching BSK explore the room, walk in circles around the room. It is super fun to watch her walk. It is the cutest sight. I just noticed today she sways while walking, is that the typical toddler walk?
- We moved down to the floor, because madame was walking on the bed too, it was so hard, and we were a bit scared. She drank her milk and slept just like that tired with all the walking. We then stepped out into the patio, felt like our evening had just begun. Talked a little, almost wanted to step out and go to the ocean.
- Next day , messy breakfast at Dennys. A random lady said I was wearing cute shoes. I tell you first time getting such a compliment. Random strangers said cute baby, but that is not unusual.
- Visit to the Cabrillo LightHouse. Short hike. Noticed a deer, among the tall grass. BSK was sleeping. Noticed a bird carrying fish prey and flying low. BSK wanted to walk and we let her. Took some random pictures. Absolutely loved the time spent at the lighthouse.
- Went to VanDamme State Park. Hiked the Fern Canyon Trail about 5mi round trip. It said beware of mountain lion. I was afraid for BSK. DH carried a big stick. And kept calling out "Mountain lion, mountain lion, BSK has come to see you, why dont you come out and show yourself" BSK enjoyed the walk for sometime before all the swaying in the ergo put her to sleep.
- Everytime I go on such nature hikes, I never fail to be amazed by nature. Lush green forests, the silence, the sound of the river only breaking the silence. The sounds of crickets, frogs and birds with the rustling of our feet on dead leaves. Peace. I noticed that the leaves of plants looked much brighter and beautiful when seen from under. It was because of the sunlight shone on top which gave the brightness underneath. It was beautiful. Saw variety of fauna, unrestricted growth, crowded, tall, nature at its bare self. We tried to remember all the hikes we have been to.Quite many, fun times.We resigned to ourselves that all our travels will be like this, hectic and crazy. Until BSK is 17 and leaves off to college.
- I was tired by the time were were done, BSK is not getting any lighter. BSK woke up and we let her walk at the end of the trail. I just love to watch her walk. One tiny tiny foot after another tiny foot. She still wears 9-12 months shoes, her feet are so small.
- We also noticed during this trip, her front two teeth are coming!! I saw the whitish hue and dismissed off as a hoax, but I kept my finger it and felt the sharp teeth! I am going to miss the gummy smiles!
- The drive back was okay. All of us were super hungry and the nearest town was 30miles on a super windy 128hwy. We wanted to eat somewhere nice, especially after burning calories hiking. But we had to settle for a seedy Mexican place. BSK slept off some of the trip, thankfully I was super tired. I need ideas to keep a toddler occupied when in the car. Otherwise long drives are going to be impossible.
- BSK now initiates play. BSK can now understand instructions like enkitta kudunga (give it to me), adhula podunga (put it in this), adhu edunga (take that), paduthukkonga (lie down), ezhundhiringa (stand up), ukkarunga (sit down), umma kondunga (give a kiss). Today at the church she was walking in circles. She would get down go touch the opposite wall and come back and touch me, and then go back and rinse repeat. She has this konjal face, where she crinkles hr eyes and puts on a super broad smile and comes running to me, burying her face between my knees. She tries to run. It is super cute to watch her.
- I told DH I feel like my life is so much more worthwhile after BSK. This little being adores me and loves me and expects me to take care of her. I should not let her down.
Too lazy to post pictures. Pardon the spelling, grammatical errors, again too lazy to go back and correct them.
Good night! Have a good week y'all! |
posted by SK @ 10:48 PM  |
|
| 4 Comments: |
-
Awesome! We resort to a few videos on the iphone on very long trips or towards the end of a drive where she is frustrated being in the carseat for hours. We take flash cards, books, puzzles, balls, small toys to keep her busy otherwise.
-
well reading you blog life does look like a bed of roses for you all :-)
-
Happy birthday SK! Have a good year ahead....
-
Shachi! Sigh! we do take toys and food and videos but eevrything is short lived. Well as long as she is eating she is quiet for sometime..
Anon, lol! I choose to always see the positive side. ;--)
Saumya, Thankoo! :--)
|
| |
| << Home |
| |
|
|
|
|
Awesome! We resort to a few videos on the iphone on very long trips or towards the end of a drive where she is frustrated being in the carseat for hours. We take flash cards, books, puzzles, balls, small toys to keep her busy otherwise.