|
| C is for change |
| Thursday, April 03, 2014 |
Listened to Kochadayaan after friend J asked me to listen to Manapennin Sathiyam and Manapayyanin sathiyam. The song that really hit me was about Change. Maathram ondre maaradhadhu.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-IbCFzH0m0
I listened to it multiple times because the lyrics were just awesome. Rajni's voice was awesome, and I thought this song was written for him, his principles, and opinions.
For a person like me that flourishes in expected, planned situations, change is not easy to handle. My body takes 1 week to adjust to jetlag. So it is not just my head but my body too.
So you can imagine my plight when I joined this new role and it was ALL ABOUT CHANGE. What is true today will not be true tomorrow, things moved so fast and changed so fast, it was unpredictable. For someone like me that loves to plan the day first thing in the morning and execute, having something entirely different on your plate an hour after you planned your day was tough to handle. But I can change too, so I started adapting.
The forecast for my current role is only 6 months. depending on whether the stuff we are working on takes off or not. I am still trying to wrap my head around this unpredictable changing hours of work. I am an early morning person, love to get to work early, and get back home early. But now I am struggling to work around a schedule which has evening meetings like at 6 and 7. Ugh. But my mornings are relatively free. But I am just not able to switch my clock a few hours behind. Wake up late go to work late, finish meetings late and sleep late. Ugh.
And there is no one schedule that works for all days. Something I am not able to adjust to yet. Three days of the week is super crazy. The other two days relatively free. My office timings are different each day of the week.
Not only that I have to change my workout times. Plain 7-8 will not work any more. Somedays I have to do mornings, somedays lunch may be, somedays evenings. Cooking also may not work out.
Being someone so resistive with change I am struggling. It took me a few weeks to realize thigns are changing and I need to accept it. I was upset because no one plan worked everytime and I was always scrambling to do things.
So there is this change is the only constant and there is this plan ahead saying. Need to strike a fine balance between the two to keep on with life.
So change is the one thing that is truly a constant at work right now.
I just had lunch with a colleague of mine and coincidentally she felt the same and we talked about how too much change is happening right now and some constant would not hurt. ;--)
|
posted by SK @ 1:00 PM  |
|
| 5 Comments: |
-
hey you too doing this challenge ah! Super!! :)
Happy Anniversary! BSK is so grown up!! Aiyo, I simply cant take any kind of change in terms of work/schedule, I don't know what I'd do! How do you never think of "quitting" this job? I need advice and inspiration :-)
-
Porkodi, Thanks! long time no see! how are you doing? Regarding my job are you kidding I love my job ;--) as crazy as it sounds.
-
oh and advice, find what you love and do it. I think as long as you are learning something new you will like the job. So dont be too comfortable where you are. Not sure if it is applicable to you, ... :--)
-
hahah not about loving the job or not.. more about how do you feel about staying away from BSK? :)
-
Porkodi LOL this answer may be a surprise but I think i am ok with the kind of time I get with her. Someone told me, quality better than quantity :--)
|
| |
| << Home |
| |
|
|
|
|
hey you too doing this challenge ah! Super!! :)
Happy Anniversary!
BSK is so grown up!!
Aiyo, I simply cant take any kind of change in terms of work/schedule, I don't know what I'd do! How do you never think of "quitting" this job? I need advice and inspiration :-)