Some days erm make that weeks, when things are moving slow, when parents make your life at home much easier, when you frequent the gym very regularly, religiously, your mind starts wandering. And believe it is this wandering that really keeps me from 'advancing', making the next big career move or doing that thing I realize others were doing while I was day dreaming, or whatever heck I realize when I get back from my day dreaming mode and wake up with a jolt.
While I wait for that realization to hit me in the gut, let me cherish this phase.
I am obssessed. With muscles. With strength. Just like how I was obsessed with running, and endurance. I get a kick out of flexing my quads. I get a kick out of feeling some of the muscles I didnt know I had. I love to know that I can plank! For more than a minute! I am super psyched that I can do a side plank without a 'modification'. Crunches no longer hurt my abdomen. I can squat. And feel my quad burn. I can do lunges, without my legs quivering to maintain balance. I have graudated to 10lbs dumbells for arm workouts. I love the fact that I am getting stronger. I have a bounce in my walk. I can almost run up the stairs. My tummy doesnt stick out of my jeans. My legs heck feel bigger than before. But more toned.
I enjoy drowning myself in my favorite music of choice on that day. I watch the gym on mute. The meatheads as they are called, stupid body builders with insane amount of muscles. The petite women with amazing strength. The fattys like me sweating to shed some weight. Some nimble agile guys jumped 3ft high like a cat on the wall. Some show offs doing crunches hanging from a high bar. The gym is all about strength, routine, getting a litte better day after day.
It has taken me a full two months to see some change. In fact I have put on some weight. Which I pray hope are some muscles and the water my sore muscles are holding on to. My spine is straight, I stand tall, I walk fast. I use my strong legs at every chance I get and marvel at them.
I started the 30 day abs challenge and miserably failed, because my back was irritated. To the point I couldnt sit in the car driving to and fro work. Doc gave me a muscle relaxant which I popped just once and stopping the regimen grealty helped. Planks is the only abs exercise I can do without forcing my back too much.
But I am loving this. Loving this so much I wanted to write about it.
The fact that this is going to be short lived, for one more month, makes it even more enchanting. When parents leave I am not sure if I can be so regular to the gym.
And to think compliments has JUST started rolling in! My mom keeps asking me how much weight I have lost. I am like, umm none since you came. My friend today is like, you have a flatter tummy! I am like.. erm not really!
So dear gym, dear muscles, while we got to know each other, it has been fantastic. I hope to continue this, but alas that is yet to be seen.
I have another spicy gym story to share, but will have to wait for later, when I feel most vulnerable ready to open up :--P
Kudos SK
A motivating post,I have to catch up on gymming.