Ramblings Only

Just ramblings, only a vent for emotions, feelings and all the good stuff

 
True to the blog name - ramblings only
Wednesday, July 09, 2014
Do you believe in Astrology? I am starting to believe in it. It said last year will be good for me and it was. So I thought I will believe it. 
This year it says I will have a good year until June 2014, and then bad times starts after. Some sites say 7 1/2 sani starts for me. :--S Now I wish I had not read it, and did not know about it and more importantly did not believe in it. 

Being a Christian we dont do jathakams. But then there is this nagging thought in my head that our forefathers were indeed smart and being mortals that we are, there must be some connection with the planets and and stars to us. I dont know. 
But it is rather depressing to find that bad times are coming. It is like things are not under your control. Which is something I HATE. Not being in control.

Are some people born lucky? And some unlucky? Some smart? And some dumb? How is it decided? My MIL believes it is all karma from a previous birth. I so dont want to believe in that. What about the Nirbhaya in Delhi? You put that on Karma? The poor dying kids in South Africa, Karma? And what about the wealthy self obsessed atheist Americans? Good Karma?

Some things I envy some folks for -
good skin
good hair
good figure
good metabolism
good genes
good health
good brains
lucky
rich
happy
energetic

In some ways I am very very lucky compared to others I know. I am not compared to some others.

My question is if God or fate or karma cannot give something I want, why cant he leave me alone and not put the longing for those things in my head? Am I meant to be depressed? Am I meant to be sad? Am I meant to be a failure? Are my parents supposed to suffer? 

Talking of parents, parenting is not easy. Having a soft cuddly bundle of joy is one thing. To see the baby grow up and struggle and in each step re evaluate your decisions is a whole another thing.  

I wonder how BSK will be when she grows up. I was at the Kid to Work Day event and watched kids fighting to get picked to get on stage. I know for sure BSK will not do that. She is too shy and scared. I guess the apple doesnt fall from the tree.  I was shy. I am scared. That is like my most fundamental being. I can mask it with traits I have acquired along the way but I was born with some thing.

Why is it so tough for me to accept it. To accept life as is and still be happy. Why am I made this way? Does everyone have their own battles? 

Gosh is it just stupid hormones? If so I hate you hormones! Why do I have to be a girl? Why couldnt I have been born a boy? Carefree, free of hormones playing havoc in your mind. I know now I am really hopeless. I will stop.

Will I be embarrassed about this post later? Feels good to rant and show the stupid self once in a while.
posted by SK @ 10:08 PM  
4 Comments:
  • At 11:58 PM, Blogger MK said…

    i want to be a man too ,at least for the simple minds that they have. I have a male friend who sometimes listens to me and goes "did you really think all of that yourself and just now too?".

    Dont feel shameful to let it all out,it is healing, at least for me that is how it is.

     
  • At 7:38 PM, Anonymous Deepa said…

    I think it is very common for a woman to analyze and think a lot and it is a fact that life is not fair. If we accept that and be smart about getting what we want and setting boundaries, we can lead a more peaceful life.
    I think after 35 we take ourselves more seriously and expect that from others too...

     
  • At 11:58 AM, Blogger Shachi said…

    The things you envy....aren't they either external or something you can't really change...like genes :)? And since you can't do much, why bother? Atleast thats how I perceive and never seem to have issues.

    If you continue to feel this way, consider seeing a therapist for a brief time. It could also be some deficiencies leading to hormonal imbalances.

     
  • At 11:08 PM, Blogger SK said…

    MK
    absolutely!! :--)

    Deepa, so I have one more year for that haan ;--)

    Shachi,
    not everything, ;--) Turns out it was the moon :--P

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me
Name: SK
See my complete profile
My Clicks
    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from ramblingsonly. Make your own badge here.
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2006 Ramblings Only .Template by Isnaini Dot Com