Ramblings Only

Just ramblings, only a vent for emotions, feelings and all the good stuff

 
Yes Day and other things
Thursday, March 26, 2015
So sometime last week in the hazed hurried mornings it dawned on me that I say NO to BSK like a million times a day. It could be my impending sabbatical when I hope to take it all relaxed and let schedule go out the window for a happy eight weeks, it dawned on me that BSK deserves a laid back childhood, atleast once in a while. Often with many commitments, I have fewer than most I have to say, not too many birthday parties to attend, I felt like we are always hurrying BSK. Wake up, brush, eat, bathe, dress, wear shoes, sit in the car, get out, blah blah blah. Most times it is eat eat eat. We need to work on her eating, but she likes yapping more than eating. I dont know if it is in the genes (MIL yaps quite a bit :--P) or if we brought her up like that. I am generally a quiet person. Dont talk unnecessarily. So all that talking really drains me. I dont know how I was when I was 4, my Mom doesnt remember. And yes it is good to have a chatty child, dont get me wrong. It is just tiring.

Everyday morning I have to say a story for her to brush her teeth. She picks a different toy each day to brush with. I have to talk like that toy, and get her to brush. We get bugged some days because mornings are always hurried and if she wakes up a little later than usual, DH misses his train and I am stuck in traffic.

Last Friday, I picked her up for school for gymnastics, then we went to the park to play with her friends, then she wanted to go to their house and play, so I left her for sometime and came home to cook. Then when DH went to pick her up, she wanted to have dinner with them. Then finally she came home at 8:30. And she wanted to cuddle and read books and catch up with mommy when it was time to sleep! I had to put my foot down and say No.

It is really sad when I have to say no to her wanting to read a book, no matter how inappropriate the time may be. I have to say no when she wants to cuddle with me. She is also Chalu, wouldnt be happy with 5 mins of anything, a class negotiator somehow stretches the deal for much longer than what was agreed upon. Bottom line we dont have time!!

So the past Sunday I decided I will do a Yes Day, when I will not say No to Anything she wants. DH was out hiking, and I was a bit tired from hiking on Saturday, so decided to take it really easy. But somehow on the Yes Day I managed to get her to brush her teeth without me getting up from the bed. ;--) That is the magic of patience and listening to your child I guess. And I am realizing it late.

All she wanted was to cuddle and to share stories and play. She is not trying to make your life hell. :--P She just wants to be a child. She was so excited about Yes Day. She watched TV for 1.5hours, one after the other. I let her. She doesnt watch TV everyday.  The first thing she wanted to do after waking up was read a book. We read books so many times in the day. As I said, she said I should rest and should not come to the bathroom and she brushed her teeth on her own.  She said "If Appa were there he would take care of you, he is not there right, so I will take care of you" Awwwwwwwww. Rare moments of love flowing.

Now I am planning to have Yes Days once a week atleast. Anytime I have to say no to her, I tell her we can do it on Yes Day. She seems excited too. "Is it Yes Day today Amma?" And when she goes over the top, there is Appa to say "Yes Day is only for Amma not for Appa, listen to me now" :--P She just wants to be heard and it seems to help.

Of late I was in her bad books, she literally would tell me I am mean to her and ask for Appa. Mean as in, not give her night huggies after lights off for the millionth time. Ok. She can be persistent. We sleep on the floor while she sleeps in her bunk bed so getting up and giving her a hug is really a lot of work. Then eureka! I got her excited about flying huggies. ;--) Like flying kisses and I dont have to get up. Woohoo! Small pleasures.

Took her for a doc appointment and made her get shots. I lied to her, said shots are like medicine in your mouth, she loves baby Tylenol. Then when she got her shots she cried. I felt so guilty I lied to her. I would never ever like anyone lying to me. She cried and said valikkardhu romba valikkardhu, it broke my heart. The time when she was a fragile 5lber came rushing back. She fierce and full of life yet so fragile. She was so scared to take the tape off of her legs in school, she didn't pee all day! And some other things happened due to her irrational fear which I will skip ;--p

So that was baby #1. 

Baby #2 that is Mia needs a nice wash. I took her for a wash first time, but I wasnt happy. Hope I dont come across as snobbish but I did a ton of research on how to wash Mia. :--P Automatic car washes dont work, because erm the car wouldnt turn on if no one is inside it. And some more complexities. Read stories about tires sides being scraped. Touch free or hand wash only. I did a hand wash but even the micro towels?! left tiny swirls in the paint.So Mia is dirty. I am planning to wash it once before I leave to India. I need to get a it detailed and do a proper paint touch up, to continue keeping it shiny and sparkly. One thing is for sure Mia has made me a car enthusiast. I am super excited about software update 6.2 which is supposed to bring full fledged Auto pilot in summer. Also blind spot detect and some other features. (http://www.teslamotors.com/presskit) Also eliminate range anxiety. Not that I have too much of it. I cannot wait to take her to the pacific coast, and take some shots by the ocean. Or by Yosemite. Somewhere exotic. Time will come soon. I will miss driving her for 2 months that is for sure. I gave a ride to a colleague and she took pictures and said she will tell all her friends and she rode in a Tesla. Pshah.

I went to my first ever Plugfest this week. It was interesting and a great learning experience to say the least. Met so many people, vendors, and saw how things worked live. But it was also exhausting. Talking to people hour after hour after hour, exhausting. How much happiness at plugging something and seeing the display on the monitor! Next week also I will be at one, dreading the exhaustion but will love the experience.

Sabbatical is on hold, more shopping and planning will resume this weekend. I am not worrying about it too much. Only asking everyone I talk to, to pray for me :--P  Sabbatical is supposed to be a relaxing time, I am not going to stress over it. Only 2 more weeks to go!!!!!!!!

PS: also I am part mallu now ;--p thanks to Dulquer, four movies watched. More to go!! 







posted by SK @ 7:11 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At 6:45 PM, Blogger Daisy said…

    which movies ?

    Yes day sounds awe somatic!

     
  • At 7:49 PM, Anonymous Sk said…

    Neelakasham, part am pole, vikramadityan , second show ;--)) ok ok they were. Can't wait to see ok kanmani!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me
Name: SK
See my complete profile
My Clicks
    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from ramblingsonly. Make your own badge here.
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2006 Ramblings Only .Template by Isnaini Dot Com