Ramblings Only

Just ramblings, only a vent for emotions, feelings and all the good stuff

 
Shy or not shy?
Tuesday, February 17, 2015

This weekend we were in F town for BSK's good friend's 4th birthday. We love spending time with them, A and S and BSK loves spending time with their daughter E.

After a hike on Saturday when BSK didnt walk too much owing to the elevation which hurt her knees and legs, we had to carry her a lot and she is not so small anymore, and K watching the Indian Pakistan match until 4AM in the morning, we were not very ready to drive to F town the next day. But we did. Even though we are pretty close, we have missed each of E's milestones starting with the baby shower for one reason or the other. This time we didnt want to miss it.

Even though we visit F town regularly we dont meet everyone there, have too many people we know. This time I knew I would be meeting a lot of friends and guess what my biggest worry was warding off questions about how BSK is so shy and is not participating.
We were at Aghoo's birthday and BSK refused to participate even though she loved the Elsa entertainer. I was expecting the same at this party too. Atleast in Daisy's house I knew only a few people, here it was alllllll my work friends, who were seeing her for the first time ever.

BUT. BSK suprised us. Big time. She participated in all the activities and was very much at home going with the other kids, be in singing or dancing or even doing the red carpet walk! Not once did she come to me or stand hugging my leg. I was so happy.

K and I decided it was two things that played an important role. One she knew E well. And has been anticipating the party for a week. Two, we were there at the venue before anyone came in, so it gave her enough time to warm up to the place. So as kids joined she didnt feel put on the spot. It would have been a totally different scenario if we had gone late and I ask her to join a group of 10 girls already doing something. I have noticed this in her gym class too. I go a good 15mins before class, so she can warm up to the place, jump around before the coach calls, that way she is prepared.

Overall BSK had a total ball. Kudos to A for organizing an amazing party, the party felt more dear to my heart because of all the people I met after ages and event itself was different too. Girls got their hair done, nails polished, sang in the mike, danced for let it go. The theme was Frozen of course. It was girls only event, kudos to A for pulling that off as well. ;--) She also stitched E's birthday dress, my oh my, I couldnt believe my eyes that she stitched it herself!

BSK and E had a ball after. Some fights, some patch ups, lot of going into their room and doing girly 4 year old stuff. I didnt have to worry about BSK eating, they both sat and ate. I am realizing it is much easier if she has company, she does things on her own and is much happier and occupied. Otherwise she would be sitting on our head asking us to play with her. Which is okay for a while but I am sure she also enjoys company of kids her own age.

E's little brother is growing well, he had company too, another friend from Bay Area also visited with their 8 month old baby. It was a very festive nice atmosphere with people visiting and staying overnight and chatting away.

A friend who recently moved from F town to Bay Area said F Town is her porandha veedu (mom's place) That place will always have a warm spot in my heart. People are what make a place. Quality of life is much better there. Bay Area we spend 2 hr commuting each day and wonder why we dont have time to do all the things we want to do. Anyway. Every F town trip makes me think like this, dont mind me.
I enjoy Bay Area too with all it has to offer, from more employment opportunities to hiking to being on the bleeding edge of innovation. Erm just have to make use of it ;--)

So signing off with this picture



Wouldnt have imagined BSK to walk alone with 20 pairs of eyes watching her, leave alone pose! She did have her classic shy pose with tongue sticking out.


A very happy mom

posted by SK @ 3:30 PM  
3 Comments:
  • At 9:46 PM, Blogger Sachita said…

    BSK looks so tall here.
    PS: have an extremely different view of F-Town :)

     
  • At 9:43 AM, Blogger MK said…

    BSK looking so pretty with her tiara :)..looks like a nice party.

     
  • At 4:04 PM, Blogger SK said…

    Sachita, get married have a kid and we will talk about this again ;--)

    MK,
    yes :--)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me
Name: SK
See my complete profile
My Clicks
    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from ramblingsonly. Make your own badge here.
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2006 Ramblings Only .Template by Isnaini Dot Com