| I guess my sleepless nights will go on for another week. Jet lagged.
Anticipation to land, see DH.. Haven't left like this since 2002 when I visited India first time after leaving to US. Same feeling of going back to loved ones, to safety and comfort. I guess this is my home now?!
Long lines in immigration. Lot of Indians. This one lady was traveling alone with a 6 and 1.5 year old. My situation seemed much better. She didn't know where to go at airport. Kid vomited, she didn't have her baby carrier, kids were screaming. I had arrived!! Europe kids are super quiet it is like being in a classroom. Trains,buses, flights everywhere. JSK took a few days to adjust from the loud Chennai.
Nice to be home. DH made me much craved dosas.
Need to lose some weight! No workouts for 8 weeks. Except hiking and walking which I guess is better than none.California looks dry ;--p after the lush green Germany. But happy to be back. My kitchen, my bed, my home, my beloved Mia.
I believed DH when he said he missed me because he bought photo frames and printed our pics from pre JSK days to decorate our bedroom! And he also did this. Dug the ikea magnet board out to decorate our walls. He was very much regretting not joining us. And has been planning more trips for this summer. ;--)
I thought 8 weeks was a long time to be off from work, but now it seems not too long. Feels like I just left :--p Have ARs already waiting for meat work. Oh well, I know people are waiting for me, my backup must be ready to dump everything on me.
Read somewhere that travel makes you richer in different ways. So true! Have seen two extremes of the world if I may say so, in the past couple months. Unforgettable memories.
Is it too early to think about my next long vacation? |