Ramblings Only

Just ramblings, only a vent for emotions, feelings and all the good stuff

 
I want my weekend back!
Monday, June 22, 2015
Friday I met the girl gang for 'drinks' in a place close to work. It was fun catching up with my partner in tragedy in Nepal. Both of us have these existential questions, on what are we doing here types, good to know it is not just me!

We went to a park and dinner after with another friend. Was fun to have a 4 and 1.5 year old in a posh Italian restaurant, one throwing food around and the other screaming the place down. We managed to catch up a little too. They are heading to Switzerland soon and I feel like joining them too.

Saturday we went for the Bay Area Tesla owners meet! Yummy pizza and breadsticks in Los Gatos. Met some interesting people. It is amazing how people have full time jobs and manage to have side kick entrepreneurial adventures. Got some tips for our upcoming laughable longish trip in Mia. 

We headed to Redwood City for a much needed car wash. Went to Chabot Space and Science Center from there. I was terribly tired owing to chums. Instead of curling up and sleeping I was walking all over the center learning about the universe and such. Fascinating fascinating. It was more a trip for us than JSK. DH has been overdosing on Cosmos and other space related shows and I have been listening to The Grand Design by Stephen Hawking. DH bought a beginner telescope and we have been playing around with it for a couple of days. And we saw this Rachel refracting telescope, which felt like the mother of all telescopes! So huge! 


It was too late when it was time for public viewing and so we decided to go back again next weekend. 
It was after we came home that we realized the big cosmic event in the sky where Jupiter and Venus are close in view from the Earth is this month. Actually last night I stepped out and my heart leaped when I spotted Jupiter sort of between the crescent moon and the brightest Venus. I mean seriously! We could see so far far away like 365 million miles! And what we see was light the reflected from Jupiter like half an hour ago! Also the sheer size of the planet! I am sorry if I sound like a kid, like I am hearing this just now?! But yes. The fact that we cannot go there, in this lifetime makes it all the more enticing and exciting. Tonight, take a minute to get out and find the planet and marvel at the universe and all the other things that we still don't know! Will at some point, humans be able to go on vacations to other planets? Or other galaxies? I know Elon is working on just that, but it may not happen in our lifetime. I feel space science has not made much progress since man landed on the moon. buck up you guys! How fascinating! 

Sunday was wasted a little. I was in no mood to do some things. And I can get very cranky when I am made to do things I am not interested in.  It was JSK's classmates birthday party. I watched JSK and her chuddi dost in action. It was cute. But of course it reminded me of how JSK is still shy, and takes time to warm up. I think I was wrong in expecting her to warm up quickly because it was her classmates and friends. Oh well. She is just like her parents, same blood,

I want to talk more about my babies, may be tomorrow, at the rate I am blogging.


posted by SK @ 9:42 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me
Name: SK
See my complete profile
My Clicks
    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from ramblingsonly. Make your own badge here.
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2006 Ramblings Only .Template by Isnaini Dot Com