| ( say 'comedy' like Vadivelu says " eii enna vachu comedy kemedy pannalaye" and you got our situation )
But.. That has to wait for a few more lines.
I love flats. I bought like a dozen over the past few years. I finally got it when they said shoe sizes don't change like dress sizes so one can stock up, yaada yaada. But plantar fasciitis made me orphan all my flats and wear the fugly orthotics. There even shoe shopping was banned for me.
( now that my work pressure is a little bit down, in no man's land, no one cares what i do as I transition, I have time to pity myself ;--P)
I watch The Fosters for time pass. This guy who is passionate about piano has finger injuries and is not able to play anymore. People around him console him, try to distract him etc etc. I felt so sorry for myself. I enjoy running, hiking, and all kinds of workouts. But my leg injury limits me from pursuing anything seriously. Makes me wonder if this is 'god's' way of punishing me for being 'bad' in my previous life. Or some such stuff. I cried. In church. In the middle of mass. I couldn't stop the tears from flowing down the cheeks. People were beside me, behind me, across me. I just wiped my cheeks and prayed. Folks must have thought I was crazy. These are times when the outside world fades away and only me and my problems loom large. Like they show in movies right. People stop moving or people disappear.
So anyway. I bought flats with plantar fasciitis support and inserts. It felt awesome to wear them. They cost a couple of hundred bucks together but they are heaven for the feet. I think my feet are getting better, one bit at a time.
Going to the comedy story, DH wanted to shop for closet renovation. We went to Ikea and in the spur of a moment decided to drop JSK at the play center. There was coloring so I knew she wouldn't be bored. But I was worried anyway. Quickly spoke to the closet guys, decided on custom made for optimum use of space and came down to pick her up. She was coloring a picture when we picked her. She came with a sad face. I thought she was upset that we left her. A slow cry crescendoed into a loud that that continued for close to 30mins. She wanted to go back and finish her coloring! Time was up and we couldn't go back but what an embarrassment!!! One lady asked 'is somebody dying here?' JSK just didn't like being interrupted halfway. She never likes it at home too. We always give her a few minutes warning so she can prepare herself to move on to the next thing to do. Oh god, DH got upset, I got upset, JSK was screaming her lungs out. We took her to the baby room for some privacy to handle her properly. She definitely does not have good manners to display in public. Stubborn. I think she is old enough now that I don't have to give excuses for her behavior. But I still sometimes do. She does not say Hi or respond to strangers when spoken to. I have to speak for her and say she will take sometime to warm up.
Oh well. That is not the comedy in case you were wondering. JSK was in a nail polishing spree. I got out of getting any of my nails painted 'amma doesn't have nails on her toes!' But poor DH had a nice bright pink on his feet. He forgot to wear closed toe shoes to Ikea, wore his sandals. And he saw his pink toes right in the middle of all the tantrums. And he couldn't help laughing.
If you were in IKEA Saturday evening there is no way you could have missed a screaming 4 year old and a bright pink toed Dad. The lady next to them trying to pretend they were not her family .. Was SK ;--P
Laughing in times of hardships, DH taught me that.
|
Nice shoes.Before reading the post,i thought that is JSK's feet.
and omg,did a lady really ask "did someone die here" .so rude yaa!!!
and we've had such meltdowns too...when he was 3.5,after grocery shopping,i was unloading stuff from cart to trunk and Kitty wanted to keep the salmon in the trunk,just the salmon...i was in a hurry and kept it myself...OMG!!!I went through 5 minutes of uncontrollable anger,self loathing and total vexation.