Ramblings Only

Just ramblings, only a vent for emotions, feelings and all the good stuff

 
A little about my heart warmer
Saturday, December 05, 2015
I have not talked much about JSK in a while. 

She is getting ready for her Winter Program this week. Her teachers asked me to bribe her so she will sing loudly. She knows all the songs but is extremely shy of performances. Just like mom and dad I guess. I don't want to force her to do anything. She will get over it when she is older. 

She is big time into 'projects' and 'teamwork' now. We do castles and bunnies out of empty toilet paper roll. And we do necklaces out of yarns. She brings back all these projects for Halloween and thanksgiving and Christmas. Sometimes I feel it is too much paper wasted because I end up throwing them in the trash after keeping them around for some time. Just how much can I keep?

In her parent teacher conference, teacher wanted me to practice writing at home. I have never given much importance to writing because frankly I don't know how much she will write exactly. So we got some practice books and there begun the test of my patience. She totally takes writing from her dad with an extremely untidy handwriting. Reading on the other hand she is pretty good. She has moved on to simple chapter books which read by alternating sentences. And teacher wants me to slow down on reading. It is not something I can do. When I want to keep her occupied I hand her a book. In the car she keeps herself busy with books. In the church too. So cannot stop it exactly.

Recently teacher told me JSK doesn't sit still in class. And she doesn't listen or focus in class. But whe she asks a question she knows the answers. So may be she is bored. I told her yes she is hyperactive doesn't sit in one place. If they have a way to change this I will be happy to try. 

Her friends are fans of princesses and crowns and all things sparkly. She wants to be the same. Recently DH said she asked for earrings. I haven't pierced her ears yet. And if you know me I don't care much for 'accessories'. Today at a birthday I hear done girl asking her why she is not wearing earrings. Ah! There it is. Poor thing has peer pressure now.  I don't know how I the younger SK managed. I wanted to be like George in Famous Five, nothing my friends said really bothered me. In fact it made me unique and I was proud of it. Now I don't know and I don't believe in these things. Hair clips for example, they add no value on her crazy thick curly hair. And she will end up taking it out in a minute or two. To make her presentable is my eternal quest. Long hair, short hair, clips, oil. Still not much. She will always look haphazard . Just like I do most times. Sigh! I hope she doesn't get singled out for that.

JSK has begun to say sorry and thank you and please. Most of the time she means it. She brushes her teeth and washes her face by herself. I remember not too long ago that was big ordeal. Sign of my baby growing up! She gets into the car and puts on her seatbelt on her own. I only have to open/close doors for her. 

But she is still stubborn like anything. She shows it to her friends too. Some friends are okay, others don't like it. It hurts me to know that she is going to be hurt by friends, girls and boys, other people.

She is not compassionate yet. She doesn't understand giving to the needy. So far she is seems materialistic. Something that needs to be worked on. She is very impatient, definitely cannot wait for better rewards by nature. If not by nature have to nurture it.

She is still shy and scared of things. I don't think she will be the one to do daring adrenaline pumping things. Again we will give her opportunities. She likes to spend time indoors than outdoors. We have to start hiking again as a family. My ankle/heel is still not all right. I need to get it checked out. I can never make her do something she doesnt like. So I ha a to show her it is fun and get her to enjoy it.


This characterizes my 4.5 year old perfectly. I think she is taking after me here. How many Summers started with books and ended with books!! I don't know if it is good or bad. I love books and anytime I want her to occupy herself I will hand her a book.  

I would personally like her to spend more time free playing with other kids but it is not always possible. Plus all the kids are into princesses and dolls I feel she is better off with books! Her good play buddy moved back to India which was a bummer. She good friend from her old school also moved out of the neighborhood. We did a play date with one of her school friends who lives 7 mins from us. She had fun. I have a few more numbers for play dates. But then again she will move to a different school next year hopefully and then the cycle has to repeat. 

I have some goals for her next year which will be in my 2016 goals post, coming soon!




posted by SK @ 8:36 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me
Name: SK
See my complete profile
My Clicks
    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from ramblingsonly. Make your own badge here.
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2006 Ramblings Only .Template by Isnaini Dot Com