Ramblings Only

Just ramblings, only a vent for emotions, feelings and all the good stuff

 
Year of the dwarf planet
Monday, November 23, 2015
This weekend really helped me clear up my head.

Friday 
6pm - Saravana Bhavan . I had idli and sambhar. Bcos that is kinda kidney friendly food.
8:45pm - zzzzzzzzz! 

Saturday 
7am - wake up ( see how much I am sleeping?! Relaxing times)
8am - cook - chow chow arachuvitta sambhar and capsicum potato curry
10am - shower 
11am - on dot for Tesla appointment. 90k vehicles have been recalled to test the seatbelt. It was literally a 5 minute appointment. Booked my yearly service, Mia will be one soon! Out by 11:15.
11:30 - Toyrus. Got gifts for birthday parties. 
12noon - home. Lunch.
1:30 - went to Michaels. JSK was super excited. I let her pick the dress and other stuff for her doll. I am not going to do the project for her. It will be her doll.
2:30 - back home. We worked on the doll for sometime. 
3:45pm - birthday party. JSK was being her usual self. Happy some times, cranky other times. I spoke to some of the mommies. They all seemed pretty nice. I missed the Halloween event where everyone met earlier. Saw one Tamil mom, spoke some local Chennai Tamil. It felt good. Talk was about second kid. I didn't eat pizza or cake. Score!! The dads remember me as the Tesla mom. That's not a bad way to be remembered.
6:45pm - back home. Some more project time. JSK and DH are doing a castle with empty toilet paper rolls. JSK was super excited and her being her wanted to finish everything the very day.
9pm - zzzzzzzzzzz!

Sunday 
7am - wake up and spend sometime cuddling in bed
8am - start cooking - chicken curry, grilled chicken, spinach dhal. 
10am - rush to church, leaving chicken in the oven
11:15 - spend some time with church friends. Got told that we are torturing JSK, because we were shocked to hear all of this week is a holiday in public schools. Sorry working moms and stay at home moms we will never be on the same page. JSK likes her school and in fact gets upset if I pick her up a little early and asks if she can go to school on Saturday too. I love her a lot but I love my job too. And I think I can do justice to both without having to sacrifice either.
12:00 - forgot to charge Mia the night before. Drove to super charger while DH and JSK had lunch. JSK caught a cold and had a runny nose. Cancelled her play date for the afternoon so we don't spread it.
1:30 - headed to Chabot space science center for a Lego lab. 
2:15pm - we made a bridge with Lego blocks. It was a family effort.
3pm - year of the dwarf planet! Movie on Pluto and Ceres. Super interesting. A learning experience for me too. AND I have to go to Mars! Musk has said  by 2040 he will be taking people to Mars. I will be 60 then. I hope my kidneys hold good until then and they let me on the space ship! ;--p
6pm - back home. JSK was sleepy since she skipped her nap.  
6:30pm - gym!
8pm - put JSK to sleep
8:30pm - a bit of Master of None. I don't like it so much. Aziz cannot act. Caught up with a teeny bit of work so I don't feel too overwhelmed the next day.
10pm - zzzzzzzzzzz!

Monday morning call with Mom and Dad was normal. Dad as usual advising me to eat this and not that Etc and Mom asking me about JSK and what I cooked.

I can say life is normal. Except every pain in my back and sides reminds me of the gross cystic kidneys hitting the nerves and asking for more space in my stomach. 

I am fine. I have a lot of things to do!! 
I have to travel. I have to learn so much in the job, try out different gigs. Hike. More volunteering. Working out a plan for the next year but that will be a separate post. (May be I am selfish, I would like to spend quality time with JSK too ;--P)

Good thing the diet is taken care of. 

posted by SK @ 7:36 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me
Name: SK
See my complete profile
My Clicks
    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from ramblingsonly. Make your own badge here.
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2006 Ramblings Only .Template by Isnaini Dot Com