Ramblings Only

Just ramblings, only a vent for emotions, feelings and all the good stuff

 
Emotional day
Thursday, October 29, 2015
We are ending our two week trip tomorrow. Our VP has left to Nairobi and will leave to US tomorrow. It is sort of strange, our duties technically end tomorrow but we still have 5 more days before we leave to US. We are doing another safari over the weekend. Frankly I am tired and I want to go home and hug my baby right. I miss her a LOT. I spend time looking at her pictures on my phone, thankfully I have a lot of them. DH is paavam. Somehow he is managing. I have to thanks our friends for feeding him, giving him company in the evenings and inviting him over the weekends. I owe him a lot. And DH and JSK and our friends have as much a role to play in this venture as I do. I am very thankful to them. I don't know why I am so emotional. Had the last dinner at the hotel. we usually come back by 5-6 and enjoy happy hour with beer (not me) and French fries. Talk about the day. It is tiring to train. 'Click and draaaaaag' I must have said this a thousand times in the last two weeks. The teachers are cute especially the older ones. The young ones are quick to grasp. Today some teachers specifically wanted to take some pics with me to remember me. Felt great. I will miss our driver. His accent. When we were waiting for water bottles from the hotel for a long time he asked ' are you waiting for water for 1 hour? Are they getting water from the river? Somebody is sitting on their jobs, this is not Kenya time' Kenya time is similar to Indian standard time.  I will miss the kids. The second school kids love asking 'how are you' like a million times, as it felt. 
The school grows their own vegetables, saw their cabbage patch and plantain tree. They also have cows for the milk for their tea!! How wholesome and organic and fresh and natural. The kids grow the vegetables themselves. 

I am not in a mood for a safari. I am yet to see some lion cubs and cheetah and leopard. My wishlist will be fulfilled. I want to go home and watch some crappy Tamil movie. I want dosa in Saravana Bhavan. I want to drive my Mia at super speed. I want my non smelling bathroom and clean shower. I want my bed. I want to cuddle with my laddus. I want to browse on a normal speed internet. I am missing Halloween. I am ready to go home! 

How can I miss being in two places at the same time?
posted by SK @ 10:27 AM  
2 Comments:
  • At 12:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My SK! You do keep busy don't you? Himalayas and then Kenya: I feel positively lackadaisical reading about the things you take on. Can't wait to read all your Kenyan blogs. Good job. And welcome to the USA soon.

     
  • At 12:35 AM, Anonymous SK said…

    ;--)) looking forward to routine and my babies now

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me
Name: SK
See my complete profile
My Clicks
    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from ramblingsonly. Make your own badge here.
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2006 Ramblings Only .Template by Isnaini Dot Com