Ramblings Only

Just ramblings, only a vent for emotions, feelings and all the good stuff

 
Seven days of positivity - Day 1
Monday, August 02, 2010
This tag has been going around blogdom, and I am shamelessly picking it from one of my reader friends. This was started by Preeti looks like, she has a beautiful blog. Check for backgruond on this here in her blog.

Five things I am thankful for today -

1. Today I am really really thankful for the wonderful team I have been part of for the past five years. I had a totally surprising farewell party today. I was totally baffled and speechless. This, after I thought my bosses were too mean to me when I said I was leaving. :--( I had a 1:1 with big boss, between 3 and 3:30. I like these meetings. Very motivating and encouraging. I will miss these. So then at 3:30 he got a call and just got up and started walking. I wasnt sure if the meeting was done, if he expected me to follow him or what. He just walked and went to the dungeon room and asked me, have you been to so and so dungeon? The lights were off, and as he entered I looked in and the lights turned on and Lo! everyone shouted SURPRISE!! My whole team plus some others I worked with were in the room. I was so overwhelmed. There was cake cutting, and some jokes and I was asked to give a speech. :--S
I had to run to catch my shuttle to airport but, the surprise stayed with me.
I am thankful for such a wonderful amazing team, my boss, my big boss.. well the rest I will save it for my official good bye speech on Wednesday. If my new team is half as good I will be happy.

2. I am thankful for my good friend J, I hope she blogs more often, for giving me company as I drove back home. We share a connection from way before, we can become the same old teenagers when we speak. We get back together after intermittent setbacks. But I know we will be friends forever. Afterall the older the bond the stronger it is! I also pray good things happen to her.

3. I am thankful for the beautiful weather. DH and I did a 3mi run on the trail close to home. It was beautiful, the sun was just setting, a mild breeze to cool our sweat from the run.

4. I am thankful for the food that we get to eat, more than needed.

5. I am thankful for sleep, a sleep that engulfs me the moment my head hits the bed. I hear its something not many have.

More tomorrow! I hope I can keep this up.
posted by SK @ 9:43 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At 12:12 AM, Blogger Soin said…

    you are always romba positive and all just like kabodhi is moaning..vair naice..free

     
  • At 8:58 AM, Anonymous SK said…

    Hahah Free. :--))

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me
Name: SK
See my complete profile
My Clicks
    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from ramblingsonly. Make your own badge here.
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2006 Ramblings Only .Template by Isnaini Dot Com