Ramblings Only

Just ramblings, only a vent for emotions, feelings and all the good stuff

 
Too much on my mind
Tuesday, July 20, 2010
- I am sitting here typing this post as I wait for DH to come home so we can go for the last run before the Race. Yep, the race is this Sunday! I have drastically reduced my mileage the last three weeks so I have no clue how my endurance is. My goal is to just finish it, just finish it. Can I?

- The move was a nightmare with the moving guys disappearing off with all our stuff for three whole hours after we left the old place. I love the new place, although its going to be awhile before we are fully unpacked and settled. Right now its boxes and boxes everywhere!

- Now that we can have dish, we got Jaya TV for kicks. Initially the nostalgia was suffocating. Really, how many times do you get to see 'nightie' ad on TV in the US? But I am already tired of the channel now.

- Monday I had to fly to work. Whatay torture. I was on the road at 6:45AM, painful. So today I took it easy and stayed at home and started late to work. Still it took me 30mins to get to work. Its a LOT ok, for someone who passed five lights to go to work and could see the office from the patio. But Mom says its not bad. Afterall normal commute in India is so much, why should I be cribbing?

- I had the chiropractor appointment today again. Now I know how I would scream in REAL pain. I would cover my face, try to breathe hard, and kick the person torturing me. But I like the doctor. He never once said, dont run, or you cannot run. He is so optimistic. He knows how runners feel when they are told they cannot run. I only wish I didnt get injured so late in the training.

- So I was driving back home I started a little before 5 and thought there wouldn't be a lot of traffic. How naive of me! I have to figure out the time when there will be less(er) traffic, if there is such a time. I was out of gas too. So I took an exit to get some gas and there was traffic on the inside roads too. After getting lost and confused inspite of having the GPS, I decided to take the inside road all the way home, screw the freeway. GPS tried so much to get me back on the freeway, gave up finally. And this is Day TWO.

- I attended an interview outside of where I work for kicks. And I have an offer now. I cannot be more confused. Is this a good time to move? Which is better big company or small company? Which is more secure? MBA? And a million other questions. Any ideas? I have too much inertia currently even more money is not making me move my behind off of where I am.

- I should be the only person who PUT ON pounds while training for a marathon. :--( I am conveniently neglecting the fact while taking charge of everything else in life. But I know it will come to haunt me if I don't address it now. I blame it on the travel, crazy work with a tape in round the corner, injury, moving, running too (eating like a starved man after the runs)!

- I didnt get even started with the 'green' thoughts and DH is already here.

So until next time. Be good! :--)
posted by SK @ 6:33 PM  
7 Comments:
  • At 9:03 AM, Blogger Nandini Vishwanath said…

    *huuug*

    This too shall pass.

     
  • At 2:45 PM, Anonymous shoba said…

    Have been watching "Bommi nighties" ad for the past one month.. Happens every time when we have visitors.. LOL

     
  • At 10:38 PM, Anonymous SK said…

    Nandini! Thankooooo, wish me luck and keep me in your prayers.

    Shoba,
    Yep, Bommi and Mangai nighties. Ah what will we women do without them lol! :--)

     
  • At 10:58 PM, Blogger Archana said…

    Good luck for your run! Hope your injuries get better soon and your legs cooperate! Cheers!

     
  • At 2:37 PM, Blogger nourish-n-cherish said…

    All the best :)

     
  • At 11:42 AM, Anonymous spark said…

    good luck to both of you

     
  • At 6:14 PM, Blogger SK said…

    Arch, Saumya, Sparkie, Danke! :--)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me
Name: SK
See my complete profile
My Clicks
    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from ramblingsonly. Make your own badge here.
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2006 Ramblings Only .Template by Isnaini Dot Com