Ramblings Only

Just ramblings, only a vent for emotions, feelings and all the good stuff

 
Seven days of positivity - Day 5
Monday, August 09, 2010
Wrote this yesterday, Sunday.

1) I am thankful for the beautiful kids choir at Church. It is soo cute to listen to those voices sing, the heart melts. Thankful that the Church is so close by. Atleast something is close by. ;--)

2) I am thankful for the amazing Farmer's market we went to at S's recommendation. Such fresh fruits and veggies and so darn cheap! DH almost feel off looking at the prices, esp of grapes which cost an arm and a leg at Safeway. The whole experience was fulfilling, just like India. Only cash. Look for good veggies, weigh it and give cash. And walk from one 'shop' to another. Beautiful experience. Hopefully we will go there more often.

3) I am thankful to S for keeping us mindful for the use of plastic. He brought his own bags, like how our parents took the manja pai to shop for veggies. Grass itching. Felt guilty getting stuff in the plastic bags. Next time we will take our own bags.

4) I am thankful for the wonderful husband DH is. I am at a loss for words. I have mentioned many a times, many a sweet things he has done and still continues to do. I am very thankful.

5) I am thankful for the dinner we had at P's place. We all gave a hand with the cooking, I loved the experience. I cut fruits, washed dishes, DH cut veggies. Another friend made tea. It was a simple meal of rice, dhal and a veggie, with lots and lots of fruits, many from P's own garden. I havent done such a thing in ages, since grad school days.

Beautiful Sunday.
posted by SK @ 8:02 PM  
6 Comments:
  • At 10:23 AM, Anonymous shoba said…

    It is always good to carry your own bags to any market. I have 5-6 bags that are meant just for groceries. Not just Farmers market. You can take them to any grocery store, there by save on plastic.
    Isn't it good to think positive thoughts !! Keep them coming.

     
  • At 9:41 PM, Blogger Sachita said…

    I keep trying to avoid the plastic bag as well.. it is better to buy few bags at a stretch and keep it in the car - atleast for me as I keep forgetting to take those bags and feel guilty at the counter:)

     
  • At 8:38 AM, Blogger Nandini Vishwanath said…

    I love, love Farmer's Markets. You should catch Michael Pollan's book/talk on TED to really know how a FM visit can change the world :)

     
  • At 8:38 AM, Blogger Nandini Vishwanath said…

    I love, love Farmer's Markets. You should catch Michael Pollan's book/talk on TED to really know how a FM visit can change the world :)

     
  • At 10:28 AM, Blogger The Kid said…

    Oh! Is this like 12 days of summer? neat

     
  • At 9:29 PM, Blogger SK said…

    Shoba,
    Yes that is a good idea. We have never focussed on such things. Only starting now.

    Sachita, Yep, a few bags in the car should do it. ;--)

    Nandini, Should give me the link! It is definitely a whole different experience. I used to go long long ago in Madison. The good part here is its year around! Yay!

    Kiddo, Ya, only seven days. ;--) And then hopefully it will continue without being written down.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me
Name: SK
See my complete profile
My Clicks
    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from ramblingsonly. Make your own badge here.
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2006 Ramblings Only .Template by Isnaini Dot Com