Ramblings Only

Just ramblings, only a vent for emotions, feelings and all the good stuff

 
Movies, picnic and more
Tuesday, August 16, 2011
Every time I start writing a post I promise myself the next time I will be more organized and not write in a hurry. I am sure the few readers have not missed the number of mistakes and typos in my posts. But before I get a big chunk of time to organize my posts, I fear I will lose the enthu to put things in bit and bytes to savor them later. My blog is like my life in chronological order of sorts. This July 4th weekend we were wondering what we did every July 4th the past few years and I just had to revisit my blog to know, everything in detail. So coming back to my point, this post also is written at a not so leisurely time. BSK is sleeping on my shoulders and I am typing with one hand on my iPad. Can you believe it when I say that some evenings go by without me taking my laptop out of the bag after work? Today is one such day. Work is not bad at all. 
We are finally going to get a laptop for home use. Guess what the laptop's brain is something I worked on in Israel, long ago in 2008. Then maybe I can blog leisurely at night without having to lug the work laptop up and down the house along with hundred other things.

This is the third time  we planned to visit Muir Woods and ended up going to Stinson beach. Whats with the parking there? Always full. We visited the woods long long ago in 2006 haven't  been able to go there since then. This place also is similar to Yosemite. 

We remembered to take everything for BSK but forgot our picnic bag!     While the puliodharai and thayir saadham lay neatly packed on the kitchen counter, we had lunch at a cafe. It was uber fun spending quality time with parents. I wore BSK in the moby wrap. She slept for awhile and looked around for some time too. Dad and Mom can be funny at times and it was an eye opener to see this other side of parents. Mom drenching her feet in water and chuckling in the cold, and Dad tasting the maple syrup and having spoonfuls just because it was free, it was cute to watch. Now DH and I were the responsible parents while my parents get to be kids. 

Deivathirumagal is one movie we all watched in a span of two days, which is a big deal considering we never get time to watch TV. It was a decent movie, but I am Sam from which this movie was copied was way better, Sean did an amazing job and Dakota Fanning was no less. It was a beautiful movie, what surprised me was DH was moved by the movie. He rarely gets affected by movies, fatherhood has changed him indeed. I cried at the scene where father and daughter meet after ages in the court and converse in their own way oblivious to those around them. Heart melting.
DH records every single movie on Sun TV but we never get to watch much. DH watches movies in 10-20 min slices, finishes them at a rate of  1 movie in 10 days. I give up mostly by that time. Super Singer is one show my Mom watches, and now I watch it sometimes too. I dont have to give it 100% concentration,  I can watch it when I am feeding or playing with BSK. 
Did I say I was okay returning to work earlier? It was good in a way that I went so early. Because if I had to make the transition now, I would have a broken heart. BSK recognizes us and smiles and coos and squeals, and flays her arms and legs around when she sees us, i can not wait to come back home to play with her. 
I generally like babies, any baby, of humans or cats or dogs. Your own baby does tug that string in your heart. Some thing about having known her ever since she came into existence, and seeing her grow just a little everyday.
An outstanding question in the household is who does BSK look like. We get varied answers from friends and family. Some say me, some say DH. She seems to be perfect blend of the two of us. My eyebrows and eyes, mixed nose and DH's lips and mouth. My fingers and DH's toes. My impatience and DH's talkativeness. I think. Once she grows up, we will know more.

All posts have to end with something about BSK.;--))
posted by SK @ 11:06 PM  
5 Comments:
  • At 11:54 AM, Anonymous yaadayaada said…

    Well! We got the tamil channels for this month and I am crazy like your DH recording every movie in every channel. But I do end up watching each movie in 30 mins to 1 hr by ff-ing the songs, fight and comedy scenes and drive the other half nuts!!

    As for Muir woods probably the crowd increased after the release of Planet of the Apes!!

     
  • At 10:26 AM, Blogger nourish-n-cherish said…

    SK, we went to Big Basin for a redwood forest hike, and it was wonderful! It wasn't crowded like Muir Woods, but as scenic.

    WE really should meet up sometime!

     
  • At 12:11 PM, Anonymous SK said…

    yaadayaada,
    hahahah! its fun for awhile but gets boring.
    planet of the apes, very much possible, i just read the news bit on that !

    Saumya,
    that has been added to my list of places to visit next, thanks for the reco!
    We should!!! :--))

     
  • At 12:38 AM, Blogger anantha said…

    Coming here after a long time. Looks like congratulations are in order :)

     
  • At 3:41 PM, Anonymous SK said…

    Thanks Anantha! :--)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me
Name: SK
See my complete profile
My Clicks
    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from ramblingsonly. Make your own badge here.
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2006 Ramblings Only .Template by Isnaini Dot Com