|
| She stole my heart |
| Monday, August 08, 2011 |
Its been a happening couple of weeks.
BSK was introduced to the AID gang. She slept through the insane noise levels as is usual with any AID party. The downside was DH caught a cold from someone and passed it on to BSK. BSK's first cold. After one scary night, where I woke up often in the night to make sure she was breathing fine (yet again, nature amazes me, how can the 10 week old know to breathe with her mouth when the nose is blocked?), we took her to the Doc. She didnt seem too worried, gave us some tips to decongest her nose and did not stop us with our travel plans.
BSK got baptized. A head bath that morning made sure she slept through the whole process. :--S It was heart warming to see BSK surrounded by friends and family. Rather warily we informed people we were off to Yosemite and everyone said we were brave.
We took the whole house with us to Yosemite to make sure BSK was as comfortable as she can be. It was a lot of work. How many schedules to keep into consideration? I had planned three things to do in two days ended up doing two, which is not bad.
Some things to remember while travelling with an infant -
- BSK is on a feeding clock, take her feeding schedule and time into account when planning
- Full body suits in cars for babies makes them sweat no matter how cold it is outside
- Have lot of buffer everywhere for crying bouts
- When feeding baby in public place find a quiet place else she might get overstimulated
- Plan for about four sets of clothing a day for the baby, who knows when an 'accident' might happen
- when packing, think about a regular day in baby's life, all the stuff she needs and uses, stuff that makes her happy and take it all with you, dont try anything new
- A baby carrier works beautifully for less hassle travel
- Last but not the least plan for things not going as per plan :--P
That said, except for the return drive when BSK started crying a LOT to be fed when we were 20mins away from home, she behaved perfectly well. She loves her Orange Man so much, she would start crying and when she sees the Orange Man, her cries immediately turn to laughter. Its just too cute to watch. I used the Moby Wrap to carry her and it worked well, the warmth and the constant walking put her to deep sleep immediately. She stayed put along the winding roads of Yosemite when even I felt nauseated.
A note about Yosemite. DH and I visited for our first Wedding Anniversary. Those were the days when we didnt know what hiking was. When I told DH we will be hiking, he asked me what that was. When I explained it to him, he went, "Yosemite varaikkum poi verum nadandhuttu varanuma? Sounds silly!". And were pretty new to travelling. Since Yosemite is notorious for difficulty finding accomodation, we never ventured to visit again. This time we were lucky. I mainly wanted to take parents somewhere. Yosemite seemed to be perfect. We were lucky to find accomodation right at the Yosemite Lodge at the Falls. It was beautiful staying right in the valley with the Falls visible from our cabin. To put it in Tamil - Ramyama irundhadhu. Now I feel bad for having missed visiting this heavenly place for so long. So many hikes to do! Glad to have such beautiful places close by. I miss travelling sorely. But I know its a matter of time before I get used to this kind of travel.
When we got back home we noticed BSK's head was steadier and her tummy time much more rewarding. Now she just doesnt put her head on our shoulders when we carry, she keeps her spine and neck stiff and looks around bobbing her head. When she sees one of us she gets so excited and swings and moves and hands and arms so fast. She has also found her hand. She takes it to her mouth slowly and starts sucking and licking like her life depended on it. Adorable! Her voice has become strong, now it really feels like there is a fifth person in the house. I think she says 'aaaaiii', when we do something she doesnt like, but believe me we dont use such language at home, so she didnt get it from us, LOL! Yesterday while I watched her sleep in the afternoon I was soo filled with love towards that tiny little being, words cannot explain the emotions fully.
I had the whole of last week off from work. I took Mom shopping everyday in the afternoon. Reminded me yet again how lousy I am with shopping. I have no patience to walk through aisles and aisles to look at stuff and compare and decide. I would rather do it online and just go get the stuff and get out. Poor Mom, to have such a pathetic girl for a daughter. She wanted to buy some 14Carat Gold stuff, who knew what they were or where we can get them. Turns out, they are available everywhere starting from Walmart. My Mom said she will make sure BSK doesnt get influenced by me. :--P Sigh!!
I want to write so much more, record so many more thoughts, about the falling market, weight loss, 30 day challenge, getting back on track with my resolution, but am limited on time. So I will bid adieu until next time with a couple of pictures of quintessential Yosemite.
|
posted by SK @ 6:04 PM  |
|
| 3 Comments: |
-
Am so happy to see that BSK has already started her travels :-). Yosemite is really one of those places which make you wonder "why did I not visit earlier" after you have finally made the visit! I think esp CA-ppl have this tendency to ignore Yosemite since it is practically in one's backyard, so to speak!
-
That is a post spanning quite a lot! You know travelling with infants is hard, but if you keep with it, they slowly love the thrill of a new place too....so keep going gal :)
-
arch, yes you are right. but accomodation is also harddd to get there, needs lot of planning ahead which people seldom do ;--)
Saumya, yes, thats how i want it to be with her. since they are new to everything, whatever they know first is what they will think is right ;--)
|
| |
| << Home |
| |
|
|
|
|
Am so happy to see that BSK has already started her travels :-). Yosemite is really one of those places which make you wonder "why did I not visit earlier" after you have finally made the visit! I think esp CA-ppl have this tendency to ignore Yosemite since it is practically in one's backyard, so to speak!