Yay for an unexpected half a day off today. Yay!
Got a call from day care to pick BSK up from school because there was an outbreak of hand foot and mouth disease and BSK has some rashes on the shoulders. She has had them for a year now, some skin issue which doctor said will go away by itself.
Went and picked her up, fixed doctor appointment for 1PM, took her directly, got her checked, no issues, got a note saying she is not contagious and can attend school. Ugh. By 2 we were back home.
BSK was such a darling at the doctors!!! She said Hi to the nurses, and doctor. Followed instructions like open your mouth, show you tongue etc! I couldnt believe my eyes. She didnt cling to me and hide in my hands. Yay!!
Took her home and put her to sleep. I had told my team about my daughter so no one expected me to work. So I decided to cook and watching some TV :--P
And yay!!! got LEGOs. Nothing to be so excited about but I am because the first set I ordered got lost. The tracking says delivered at door step but I never got it. I am have been waiting for these cutsy small legos for a while now because you never get these in ToyRUs or Target. Why is the Lego aisle filled with unlego like sets? I was looking for basic one with raw rectangle or square pieces not fountains and girls and cars.
We decided to go to Pumpitup for the evening as part of a moms club fundraiser for cancer. It was sooo awesome! BSK and I had a ball. She loved jumping in general and even climbed some structures surprising me. She is kinda behind on her physical milestones. And she is a scared chicken too. So this was another win for me. She was excited about the slides and went up the flimsy steps on her own too. She was generally running around and it was soo nice to see her have fun.
I went in for some time and since it was only for the club we had the whole structure to ourselves. It was awesome I could shout and lay down and generally monkey around with BSK without anyone noticing. I think we should do this more often make it a once a month thing. For me too, I loved it :--P
Lot of work pending but tomorrow is a new day to worry about all that is not done. :--)
Until then I will celebrate my Yay! moments today.
|
Hi, I am a great fan of your blog and I follow you regularly.. A few months ago I read your post on your Hawaii vacation - I meant to bookmark the link but I forgot to :(
My husband and I are planning a trip pretty soon and I would very much like to use your post as a guideline. Could you post the link here, underneath??
Thanks and Cheers!
-Radhaa