In case you didnt know, Xenopus is an ugly looking frog like creature.
How do I know about it? Because it features in an animal book BSK has. Can you believe there is an animal starting with every single alphabet? Even X? Now that I think of it I could have used that to do this exercise :--P But I digress. Well wait a minute I have to digress.... to BSK.. because really do you want to learn about Xenopus? Well what is wiki for, here you go. Sorry I ruined your lunch.
Now I will digress to BSK. :--P This girl has great memory power. She can remember all the names of the animals in the book, even xenopus and toucan which is her favorite word to say in the book. She also remembers pteranodon a picture of which is shown in one of her sleep books yawning widely.
So what surprised me today about her memory was, she was watching Vijay dancing for some song on TV, and she said, ingha uncle dances for Vaanganna vanakkanganna. Before I am judged on giving her TV time, let me be clear that I dont. As in there is no cartoon she sees on TV. Because well if she does, I am sure she will not let us watch anything :--P and will want to watch her shows all the time. I dont let her watch TV while I go about with my work. In fact I think she has no interest in TV. She likes to dance to tamil songs. Jinganamani, vaanganna vanakkanganna, Vijay songs are sorta catchy and easy for her to catch the tune and dance.
She does like to play games on iPad but it is restricted to weekends. When she wakes up on Sundays and we are in bed even after waking up she will ask me. What day is it? Sunday. Sunday ipad paakalama? And I will give it to her for sometime just so i can get some more bed time.
From what I have observed of her, and this may be very much DH's training, but she likes to interact with us more than playing on her own, or watching tv or playing games on iphone. Not sure if that is a good thing or not. I would like to get a few minutes here and there so I can get some chores done.
Like today, I wanted to clean the kitchen badly but madame was bent on me sticking right next to her while we played magna tiles. Sometimes she plays by herself.
She likes to write I can see. She wants paper and pen and would draw circles and lines and pretend they are real letters. She can draw an egg man with eyes, nose and smily mouth. She got nicely from me when she wrote with a pen on my new kitchen shelf!!!!!!! She has also crayoned on the wall for which also she got nicely. Hopefully she wont do it again. I know I sound petty. But I want to nip it in the bud. She knows she should write and draw only on paper. She has started coloring within lines which is fun now.
Ok Y can be easy. Z for... I have a really easy one I cannot share :--P
Guess what she did today. ;--(( lesson learnt never give a pen to kiddos ugh. We gave her mircotip pencil which wasnt very safe. Going to buy wooden natraj pencils tonight. And any tips to clean this up??
|