Because guess who shares my birthday? The great Elon! But looks like he had a bad birthday. Mine was better.
We focused our beginner telescope on the moon. It was truly heavenly or unearthly. Focussing on the crators I could not help imagine how it would be to step foot on it. How deserted and alien the place really was. How interesting it would be to go there.
We tried to focus on what we thought was Saturn but we are not sure.
I couldn't take my eyes off the moon, I wanted to touch it or walk on it. Will it happen one day? When I am 80 may be?
This is a picture from the internet, I just couldn't capture anything from the telescope the glare was too much.
I tried to pick one that closely resembled what we saw with basic magnification. A higher magnification filled the view with only like one corner of the moon, with exquisite detail of the craters. Beautiful!
And this is how my iPhone captured it. Hehe.
On the same lines, watch or read Contact by Carl Sagan one of the best books read so far and an awesome watch too, available on Amazon Prime. Listening to the book and reading other books by Stephen Hawking, often times I wonder if one can believe in Science and believe in God at the same time. This book/ movie had an excellent take on it. Superb.
---
Too much going on, in my head and also around me. I hope for some clarity and direction soon. Until then it is confusion central and productivity nose dive. If it when I have too much going on that I ache to do random things. God help me!
|
hey SK what telescope do you have???