Ramblings Only

Just ramblings, only a vent for emotions, feelings and all the good stuff

 
That time of the year
Wednesday, June 24, 2015
So it is that time of the year, when I turn a year older. Thankfully this time around, it doesnt bug me as much. Because I got to appease my travel bug and hiking bug.  Also my 'fancy' bug with Mia. I feel alive!

Last year, coincidentally, same day, I wrote this post. I dont remember why I was depressed. Looks like I wanted to be fit for my sabbatical. I think I got pretty fit before my injuries and plantar fasciitis started cropping up with my so called 'training'. I was lifting heavier than I had ever lifted and did long hikes before the sabbatical. My shoulders have broadened, I would like to think it is because of my workouts :--P. The two month break has sort of been a set back, with minimal workouts. But from prior experience I think it is a matter of time before I pick up from where I left off. I have started working out again this week and it feels like heaven. The sweat, the adrenaline, the soreness. I love it.
I seem to have been super worried about my hiking last year. To think I did it,even if only halfway, with plantar fasciitis. It would have been a cakewalk without the condition, or the earthquake.
Here is a little souvenier we managed to get from Lukla even amidst all that uncertainty.It looked so cheap and dirty there, after framing, it is precious, the best souvenier ever.

I was just telling the whole story, well not the whole story but the important parts of it to a friend, yet another time, over lunch. Brought back memories of the majestic, daunting, dangerous, carefree mountains. 

I think I can turn 35 happily. No regrets.

What do I expect out of 35? I hope to have figured out what I want to do next, and hopefully make that next career move. The problem is just me, I dont know what I want. Aargggh! I have a few people helping me but eventually it falls only on me. I thought it was all crystal clear a couple years ago, now I am back to square one. BUT, I have learnt more about the industry, and I have learnt more about what excites me and what does not. Lot of thinking and introspection.
I also want to fix my anemia thingie. Pump some iron into my system and increase those red blood cells. Because Nepal is in the cards again for the next sabbatical and I am not going there until I fix my iron levels.

Handling JSK is not such a big deal anymore. Atleast not physically exhausting.
I seem to have the same stuff on my plate right now. Work, workout, JSK, volunteering ( I added one more club too, I need to do justice to it) and I added a hobby, space science :--P And I also have to write that book. OK those that spit their coffee now, I can write a little bit better than this blog if I really put some effort and spend sometime on it rather than dumping thoughts. :--P

So here is to hoping 36 is as good as 35.

PS: My birthday is still 4 days out. I am pretty sure I will write another post before then too.

posted by SK @ 11:11 PM  
5 Comments:
  • At 10:07 AM, Blogger MK said…

    OMG!!i REALLY DID SPIT my coffee because a book has been on my plate too !!!!!!!We are a lott similar!!!!

     
  • At 10:09 AM, Blogger MK said…

    and heyy Happyy happy birthday :)enna panna???

     
  • At 11:01 PM, Blogger Shachi said…

    Happy early birthday :)! The souvenir looks fab! I hope I make it there some day.

     
  • At 7:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    MK! Hahaha! We should go for writing classes together this year then ;--))
    SK

     
  • At 7:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks Shachi ;--) you can totally do it! Just a matter of planning and finding the time off. Let me know and I can connect you to our amazing guide and porters.

    SK

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me
Name: SK
See my complete profile
My Clicks
    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from ramblingsonly. Make your own badge here.
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2006 Ramblings Only .Template by Isnaini Dot Com