Ramblings Only

Just ramblings, only a vent for emotions, feelings and all the good stuff

 
The man in Mars
Monday, August 10, 2015
So my Martian is stuck in Mars and a crew of 6 are extending their mission and going back to Mars to rescue him. 

Snippets from their conversation with their spouses on earth, makes me wonder, is this exactly how it felt went people went away on ships? For months together? It takes 8 months to go from Earth to Mars. So anyone who is gone will be away for 16months minimum. That felt really long. I hope SOMEBODY is working to reduce this time. How about flying to Mars in a day? How long will it take to get there? The guy grows potato on Mars. And coincidentally I see this guy Scott Kelly in space who instagrams! And has a veggie feast completely space grown! 


His posts make me want to go up there. His view is the best. I enjoy walking up peaks and getting the view from the top. Imagine getting the view from ISS, like not top of the world but...outside of the world. There now I understand WHY I am fascinated by space. 

On boring land in a boring job I am wondering if opportunity is knocking my door ever so softly. I have been asked to sort of take over my ex boss's position, the person that hired me. It is a big step for me may be I don't realize it. Lot of people look for direction from the ex boss. Now will they be looking for it from me? I am scared. But I am supposed to rise up to the occasion. I am looking forward to all the learning BUT the meetings are going to be crazier. 

I am also on the lookout for other ops. Some interesting roles. Need to be at the right place at the right time. If something clicks again more nightmare of decision making.

For now let me dream of the dreary Mars. Good night.
posted by SK @ 11:39 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me
Name: SK
See my complete profile
My Clicks
    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from ramblingsonly. Make your own badge here.
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2006 Ramblings Only .Template by Isnaini Dot Com