|
| My one holiday party |
| Thursday, December 17, 2015 |
I know, people have multiple parties to attend this time of the year. JSK had her winter program and 'party', DH had his Holiday event. He says his company is making profits so lots of parties. Ok! My team is split across multiple sites, and we are a minority in this site. Yep. So yes no office party. I miss the Ftown days when the aisles would be decorated and we would have celebrations starting with Halloween. I am not sure if it is the team or the site or erm my age, but I am not attending any parties at work. Except this Women Network one. My one party of the year.
That party is today, in the evening. I usually get out of work really early. It is better to beat the traffic. Today I am sitting here, until now. It is only 5:22PM, technically still working hours, but I already feel like I have been here really long, :--P, and I got a lot of work done, because I am sitting in my cube with nothing else to do. I know! Looks like mindless browsing days are gone. I tried doing it, but I wanted to actually get to the non critical tasks on hand too. I was super attentive in all my non essential FYI meetings too and feel like I have gained a lot out of them. I even got some research done just out of curiosity.
I should try to stay longer at work :--P
But the whole place is a graveyard by 5PM. Everyone has to beat traffic. Everyone has pick ups to do. My floor is also going to be renovated. I had to clean up my cube, which was pretty much relabel the two boxes that have been travelling with me from Ftown, cube to cube in this site, and fill one more box with useless stuff. Really I dont care if I dont get them. One box I will take home with me since I need to return some stuff to the owners. For two months I will be cubeless, roaming around the floors finding temporary cubes. Many are opting to work from home the entire two months. I will be bored to death if I do that. I plan to come to work for a few hours atleast, enjoy my drive ;--P, meet a few people.
All right 5:30PM I gotto go to my party. Ciao! |
posted by SK @ 5:31 PM  |
|
| 2 Comments: |
-
I am sorry to ask this again. I remember asking you how did you get into technical marketing in one of the blogs. I don't remember which one was it and I am not able to track it. So I am asking again in the latest one. I did 2 MBAs - one from India and one from US.And I am still in engineering!! Help me out,please!
-
Hi anon, Network, and wait for the right opportunity! It is not easy, somebody has to trust you. Keep talking to people. Change one thing at a time, company or role, don't try both. Do email me saranya.kish@gmail.com if you have specific questions. Good luck!
|
| |
| << Home |
| |
|
|
|
|
I am sorry to ask this again. I remember asking you how did you get into technical marketing in one of the blogs. I don't remember which one was it and I am not able to track it. So I am asking again in the latest one. I did 2 MBAs - one from India and one from US.And I am still in engineering!! Help me out,please!