Ramblings Only

Just ramblings, only a vent for emotions, feelings and all the good stuff

 
Friday
Friday, July 29, 2016
It doesn't feel like a Friday until you go out for Dinner. That's sad. Or may be we had our Friday on Monday itself ;--)

Anyhoo. A few major updates.

- after shuttling around for charging Mia in the middle of the week, finally got an extension cord from Amazon. Now I am charging Mia at a measly 3miles per hour at home from regular 110V/12A outlet in the garage. The good news is I was able to get the garage to close with the charger cable underneath, which means Mia can be charged from outside the garage which means we have one car garage space to store all the junk! It is a mere 3miles per hour compared to 18miles an hour we could charge at our earlier home, but this is nearly sufficient for my daily commute. I will still need to use the Supercharger close by for weekend top ups. 

- talking of super chargers, my oh my, all 12 spots in the Mountain View Superchargers were occupied today afternoon. 4 Model Xs. Teslas after Tesla came in. I haven't seen so many Teslas. I wonder if most of the Teslas are concentrated in the area. I am one red light for a few minutes and I see up to 6 Teslas, not kidding. 

- our neighbors cut down like 10 trees in their yard, which is really disheartening, I enjoyed the cosy shade they provided for a short while. The trees take so many years to grow, and they get chopped just like that within minutes. Sad.

- we were invited to dotters class to see all the amazing things they did the last two weeks. Not sure how much dotter understood but she made butterflies fly using a pulley and rope. She has learnt batteries and motors and closed circuits. Teachers said she enjoys colors. I liked how they taught things while letting kids do what they wanted to do. Without judging. It is scary for Indians first but it really brings out the individuality in kids. The individual strength may be anything parents will have to accept it and go with it. Dotter is not scared or shy anymore which I am just extremely happy about. She is very talkative in class. Looking forward to the next session!

- our famous posh geek dinner happened this past week. It was excited and super cool. DH picked up dotter while I volunteered. Great speakers and panelists, and fellow geek girls. I should go to some of them outside this year. 

- oh kinda happy thing that happened this week. I was seeked out for a position. Similar role, different team. I knew the position was there but I was not really looking to move so did not pursue. I had spoken to the VP of the org a few months ago and talked to her about my career goals and aspirations seeking her mentorship. she saw me at the elevators and referred me turning into my sponsor! I was given a possible career path to achieve my goals as well which was awesome. We will see how much of it materializes. Now we have to see what my boss will have to say about this. Good thing about this will be that my whole team will be local. No more Ftown trips. I won't miss all the quarterlies and barbecues. Bad thing is I will miss the Ftown comraderie and culture. Bay Area is .. Well Bay Area. 

- our tenants have moved and the first two days were interesting. None of their cooking vessels work with induction. Oops. The doctor is not so smart after all. I asked her to keep a magnet under the vessel and check if it sticks to the vessel to know it is induction ready. She tried and when the magnet didn't stick she said the magnet must not be working! She was so sure her vessels were induction ready. ;--) 
Honestly when we went to the house, I didn't miss it. Not even my kitchen. Any place can be your home. It is the people that make a place a home not the physical structure. 

-  We have so many people to meet and catch up with but somehow this Friday evening is free. :--))

Happy weekend!





posted by SK @ 6:30 PM  
3 Comments:
  • At 11:07 PM, Blogger MK said…

    hahahaha...magnet does not work!!!

    And true, more than walls, the people in it make a cozy home.

     
  • At 6:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Absolutely MK!! When coming back? You daisy and I should meet for lunch may be!
    -SK

     
  • At 10:58 AM, Blogger MK said…

    Of course we are meeting for lunch when I am back. I will be there on aug 18th.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me
Name: SK
See my complete profile
My Clicks
    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from ramblingsonly. Make your own badge here.
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2006 Ramblings Only .Template by Isnaini Dot Com