Ramblings Only

Just ramblings, only a vent for emotions, feelings and all the good stuff

 
Goof ups
Wednesday, September 20, 2006
Today I was unusually elated at work about something. I emailed DH about it, and I wanted to let more caring people know. So after emailing Dad and Bro, I started typing up an email to this good friend-philosopher-guide of mine.

I belong to this group of women, and she is the moderator of the group. Her personal email address, and the groups mail address have the first characters the same. Stupid that I am [and GMail too], I more than once have made the mistake of sending to the groups what was supposed to be meant for her eyes only. Gosh! I did it again today! :--( Most embarrassing.

And this is not the first time that something like this has happened with me, so careful that I am.

When me and DH were close friends, I used to read his mails. Only because he wanted me to sometimes tell him what mails he had. Right, I am kidding about that part. Me and DH belonged to our College yahoo groups. More often it so happened that I read those group mails in his mailbox, and in great enthusiasm, sometimes replied from his id!
I just shrunk in horror when it happened the first time. I literally put both of us in shame. Thankfully no one made a fuss of it.

And there were those times, long time ago, when I used to email as DH to his School yahoo groups. :--) Until they found out that it was me, and treated me well too.

When we were friends, DH was too busy reading fiction, and playing cricket and football, I used to be his assistant kind of, reply to his mails, and ahem, write letters to his girl-friends, I mean friends who were girls. It was a lot of fun actually. He used to give me a gist of what he expected me to write and he was always happy with what I came up with. I never got caught doing that, thank God.

I have to admit, when in college, I have done some impersonations too. [This is turning out to be a confession post now] There was this one girl who was head over heels in love with DH. Me and DH were of course just friends then, pretty thick. So me and DH plotted a plan, and I was supposed to be this imaginery girl, who DH was very fond of. This was to throw her off. I once even managed to talk to her on the phone, with a fake voice, and fake story. Didnt get caught thankfully, but we did have fits from laughing everytime we think about it.

So is it just me that's goofy? Or are you too?
posted by SK @ 10:41 PM  
6 Comments:
  • At 11:12 PM, Blogger Archana said…

    :-D! No I don't think I have done proxy-ing for anyone on e-mails - but sure have done other goofy stuff. Need to remember them though!

    Totally off the track - but I don't like *anyone* checking *any* of my mail accounts - yeah, even the ones which only get junk emails :-)!

     
  • At 9:55 AM, Blogger Prabhu said…

    You talked to the girl and turned her awat from DH and all this while You and DH were just friends??

    Indha dagaalti ellaam enga kitte venaa m, naanga namba maaatom...vera kadhai solu nambarom..

     
  • At 10:37 PM, Blogger SK said…

    Archana,
    Heehee, I too dont like others reading my emails. DH is an exception, as he is for all other things. :--))

    Prabhu,
    Sir! :--) Its true! En idhu madhiri nadakkadha? :--) Vera kadhaiya yosichu solren. :--P
    Are u back from India or not?

     
  • At 1:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hey, don't i know most of these stories? in fact, i too dont mind my gal seeing my mail. if only i had one...

     
  • At 10:27 PM, Blogger dakaltiz said…

    hmmmm...dai DH yaaruda athu???
    (SK ..DH ithe paapan la?)

    sariyana KD kepmaari ya irunthirukeengale... ;))...good good! ..

     
  • At 8:43 PM, Blogger SK said…

    sparkie,
    Dont worry seeekram oru ponnu paathudalam :--))

    dakaltiz, DH does see this page. :--) And ippo adhu kelara vendame :--))

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me
Name: SK
See my complete profile
My Clicks
    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from ramblingsonly. Make your own badge here.
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2006 Ramblings Only .Template by Isnaini Dot Com