Ramblings Only

Just ramblings, only a vent for emotions, feelings and all the good stuff

 
The story of today
Wednesday, October 18, 2006
I am sick. I have a bad cold. I am living on DayQuil. Yesterday I went to WalMart and got some IbuProfen. I recently read somewhere that it was effective for fever and headache. What I didnt read was that Ibuprofen was sleep inducing, and caused drowsiness.

No wonder I was feeling all hazy and drowsy all morning after a dose of it. I was feeling good in the nasal area, it was helping a lot there, but my head was heavy, and my eyes were closing. Green tea, or coffee didnt help. I had meetings in the morning which helped a little, atleast attending a meeting is better than starting drowsily at the screen.

I was hoping it would get better in the afternoon, it said that it was effective for 4-6 hours. But no way! Everyone had a good laugh during coffee time in the afternoon. You took Ibuprofen? It is supposed to be taken in the night before going to sleep!! Like I was stupid. Hey! I dont fall sick all that often, why would I be required to know about all the different medicines in this world? And it didnt specify in the container too.

So finally I gave in at around 3:30PM. I informed my manager who also laughed at my state, and I came home. Ah! It did feel nice to stay at home when everyone else was slogging at work :--P And I didnt want to waste this precious time, sleeeping! So I watched some TV, cuddled up on my couch.

I didnt know when I slept. My eyes had voluntarily closed without my knowledge and I had a good sleep [such a waste of time!]

So lesson learnt. DONT take Ibuprofen in the morning for fever or headache, especially when you mean to go to work and really work. You are welcome to take it if you want to skip work. :--)
posted by SK @ 9:30 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At 6:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh, poor you :-(! Get well soon!

    But Ibuprofen causes drowsiness??? That's news to me! On the rare occassions I take pills for aches, Ibuprofen is usually my pain-killer of choice and it has not made me sleepy before.

    Maybe its just you :-P and people were just trying to make you feel better :-P!

     
  • At 7:07 AM, Blogger SK said…

    Heheh :--)
    I am feeling better now Arch, thanks!
    And I dont know may be it was just me, and that I was too bored with work ;--))

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me
Name: SK
See my complete profile
My Clicks
    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from ramblingsonly. Make your own badge here.
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2006 Ramblings Only .Template by Isnaini Dot Com